IGNORED

Erm......hi!

Guest Ibby

I wasn't too sure where to introduce myself and I thought that I needed to seeing as I don't support City.

I am Ibby and I support 'your bogey team' Brentford FC.

Came across this site when Jimbob left the link on another forum.

I like to exchange views with other fans etc and I look forward to use this site...and enjoy some friendly banter.

Regards

Ibbby

• Admin

Welcome, Ibby, nice to see you on here. You're very welcome to exchange views with us on here but we're hoping that "supersub's" two goals at Griffin Park have signalled the end of you being one of our bogey sides :D

In fact this season is turning out to be a strange one, we hadn't even scored at Argyle in many of our fans' lifetimes, let alone won before winning there 1-0 earlier this term. We've also gone to Notts County and won, something else that rarely happens. :D

Good luck in your remaining games against the top sides, except of course your visit to Ashton Gate in February :D

I can see our visit to Ashton Gate ending in a 0-0 draw like last year.

Is the away end still the same.....have you changed it or something?

There are plans to develop the away end but it won't happen before the the end of any of ourlifetimes! At the moment the away end is being used by home fans as the atmosphere is better. I say at the moment as it was a trial on Saturday and everyting went alright so now we are going in there again on Tuesday. dont know if we'll still be in there when you come (or whether we would be allowed - depends on how many you bring). For more info look at all the threads mentioning East End. There are loads.

Welcome Ibby - Its good to see other clubs fans accessing our excellant forum.

I've recently registered with the Argyle message board but so far have met with abuse from their memebers despite my efforts to be friendly.They don't seem to like BCFC fans for some reason.

Hopefully you wont get any abuse on here.

• Admin
I can see our visit to Ashton Gate ending in a 0-0 draw like last year.

Is the away end still the same.....have you changed it or something?

Ah yes, the 0-0 draw where Christian Roberts superb winner from his position on the wing was ruled out as Lee Peacock couldn't be arséd to get back into an onside position.....cue turning this thread into another pro/anti Peacock free for all :D

I can't see you bringing much more than 500 so we should be given the other side of the away stand. If you enjoy getting into banterous chants with the opposition then you should enjoy the game even if you do lose your hold over us and get trashed 5-0 :D

Ah yes, the 0-0 draw where Christian Roberts superb winner from his position on the wing was ruled out as Lee Peacock couldn't be arséd to get back into an onside position.....cue turning this thread into another pro/anti Peacock free for all :D

Well you can put me in the anti Peacock camp for starters, waster!

You all seem like a friendly bunch and I think the relationship between both clubs and the fans is a good one.

Thanks for the welcomes!

What do you mean Roberts superb winner?

He hit the ball into the net like 20 seconds after the linesman flagged for offside!

Peacock was cr*p at Griffin Park.

I highly rate Wilkshire or Wiltshire. One of the best players in the league!

The hatred for Wally!

Downes record as Brentford Manger:

Played - 88

Won - 28

Lost - 39

Drawn - 21

Days ######ed - most

Hes a QPR fan and he is always getting ######ed with QPR fans etc....

And there was me thinking he was the top scorer and one of the main reasons for our current league position............ :D

This is fun! :D

I'm too tired to argue, please dont bring up Peacock, everyone knows my love affair with him. WELCOME IBBY! Welcome to the BCFC forum! I Enjoyed my visit to Griffin Park on Boxing Day, apart from Mcdonalds not having CHICKEN NUGGETS :D. "Laugh out bloody loud" hope to exchange some banter with you and enjoy your stay, so to speak.

I'm too tired to argue, please dont bring up Peacock, everyone knows my love affair with him. WELCOME IBBY! Welcome to the BCFC forum! I Enjoyed my visit to Griffin Park on Boxing Day, apart from Mcdonalds not having CHICKEN NUGGETS :D. "Laugh out bloody loud" hope to exchange some banter with you and enjoy your stay, so to speak.
I hate that McDonalds...its so bloody small and I don't dare go there on match days. The queue goes out the bloody door :D

I enjoy my fish 'n' chips from Jacks after the game!

Thanks for the welcome!

Now, I'm all for good relationships between fans from other clubs, and I enjoy extending the hand of friendship to football fans from around the coountry.

But this is all getting a bit too cosy.

You sold us Hutchings, you beat us in the play offs in 96, Alan Freeman used to do appalling ads for Brentford Nylons in the 70's. Your scuzzy little ground is stuck underneath a motorway. We always play you on bloody boxing day, like you're a local derby or something, being just the 120 miles away.

In the face of all that, the least you can do is lose to us at our place and stuff Plymouth and QPR when you play them.

Then we might have a basis for a friendly relationship. In fact, I might even buy you a large drink.

Now, I'm all for good relationships between fans from other clubs, and I enjoy extending the hand of friendship to football fans from around the coountry.

But this is all getting a bit too cosy.

You sold us Hutchings, you beat us in the play offs in 96, Alan Freeman used to do appalling ads for Brentford Nylons in the 70's. Your scuzzy little ground is stuck underneath a motorway. We always play you on bloody boxing day, like you're a local derby or something, being just the 120 miles away.

In the face of all that, the least you can do is lose to us at our place and stuff Plymouth and QPR when you play them.

Then we might have a basis for a friendly relationship. In fact, I might even buy you a large drink.

Plymouth already took 6 points of us and we play QPR on Valentines day.

The last time I checked our ground is not under any motorway...near maybe!

Hi Ibby and welcome aboard. I've two Brentford queries please. I inherited a load of football rosettes from the 1950s and early 60s. Amongst them is a blue & yellow Brentford rosette! Now like all good teams your colours are red & white. Any clues to this rosette please? Secondly, it's a oft quoted fact that there is a pub at each corner of Griffin Park. Is there much difference between them please?

Finally, nothing against you, but hopefully we won't be playing Brentford next season as we will be in a higher division.

Hi Ibby and welcome aboard.  I've two Brentford queries please.  I inherited a load of football rosettes from the 1950s and early 60s.  Amongst them is a blue & yellow Brentford rosette!  Now like all good teams your colours are red & white.  Any clues to this rosette please?  Secondly, it's a oft quoted fact that there is a pub at each corner of Griffin Park.  Is there much difference between them please?

Finally, nothing against you, but hopefully we won't be playing Brentford next season as we will be in a higher division.

Our red and white kit came about in 1929. We were established in 1889, our colours were the colours of the rowing team, blue and yellow. Not sure why it changed though.

There is a puc on each corner. The best pub is the Griffin without a shadow of a doubt.

Best of luck to city!

Archived