IGNORED

So, Who Agrees With Paul Sturrock

richieb

According  to the Plymouth message board Sturrock "bigged up" Chesterfield before the 7-0 thrashing.....they obvious don't rate his opinions about other clubs.

They are so over confident its almost untrue.

Yep, it would be fantastic, that when they come to AG, we will ram these words firmly down their pasty eating gobs.

But until then I prefer to escape the familiar portions of humble pie that we City fans are used to eating.

Guest truegreen

Listen, turnipheads.

Sturrock is a quality manager who is well aware of the pitfalls of complacency.

This guy has got our players buzzing and wanting to play for the club.

There's respect and of course you lot ARE a threat.

You're in this position every year.

If we don't get out this year , the next season will be harder. I'm sure you're aware this is a poor division this year.

We are looking forward to coming and out singing you lot at yours in April, even if you try to cheat and swap it to an evening fixture.

The Greens are going up with QPR...and you better believe it!

Cheer up, there's always the Millenium Stadium again for you lot.

Guest Tangergreen

Chaps, as a Plymouth fan, I reckon I'll know more about how Paul Sturrock works than you lot.

His comments are genuine, and should be taken as such. Sturrock, and most Argyle fans, are naturally concerned about your recent upsurge in form. But the fact remains that we have won 8 of our last 9, so no matter what you lot do, the promotion situation remains in our hands - not yours.

Comments like: "Yep, it would be fantastic, that when they come to AG, we will ram these words firmly down their pasty eating gobs," make it sound like we're goading you, and I have no idea how you've come to that conclusion!!

Best of luck catching us, but it's a little sad that you seem so intent, and unjustifiably optimistic considering your track record in the last few seasons, on taking viewpoints such as the one above, when all we're focusing on is getting back into the First Division for the first time since we left it in 1991.

Guest Tangergreen

Fair enough.

All I'll say to those who are convinced we are going to fall away, is that goal difference is usually an accurate indication of a side's true credentials. And ours, without today's game at Stockport, is plus 37...

Fair enough.

All I'll say to those who are convinced we are going to fall away, is that goal difference is usually an accurate indication of a side's true credentials. And ours, without today's game at Stockport, is plus 37...

All I'd say is if you go up then good luck in Division One because you will need it.

Straight back down I reckon.

Everyone needs luck, all I can say is that if ######y clubs like Walsall and Rotherham can do it - then why not us?

A quality manager should generally see you right. If you lot had Sturrock instead of Wilson you wouldn't have spent the last three seasons farting about in the Second.

What do you base that on?

Defensively you'll be ripped to pieces in Division One.

Out of interest what is your record like against the better teams in this league? You're current run is impressive but looking at the calibre of teams you've beaten, hardly suprising.

You probably will go up and if we do to I'd like to think we'll be better prepared for Div One than you. Based on our past experiences and the fact you ain't been there for over 10 years!

Guest Tangergreen

You're probably right, you will be better prepared simply because you've spent so long preparing!!

Whether we stay up or come back down, these past three years have more than made up for the decade of misery we endured after Shilton spent our cash and buggered off.

By the way, QPR are losing!

It would certainly make a change.

I reckon QPR are on the slide now, they're really being found out. Especially that fat, clueless lump ######tu.

thought you said QPR were goin up with you lot???

changed yer mind??

• Admin
Out of interest what is your record like against the better teams in this league? You're current run is impressive but looking at the calibre of teams you've beaten, hardly suprising.

Record against top half teams: (actual position in brackets)

Team Pld vTH W D L F A good GFA GAA PpG Pts

1 Plymouth Argyle (1) 28 11 7 2 2 22 13 9 2.00 1.18 2.09 23

2 Queens Park Rangers (2) 28 14 8 3 3 26 10 16 1.85 0.71 1.92 27

3 Bristol City (3) 27 13 6 5 2 16 9 7 1.23 0.69 1.76 23

4 AFC Bournemouth (11) 28 16 6 5 5 22 21 1 1.37 1.31 1.43 23

5 Port Vale (7) 26 12 5 2 5 14 17 -3 1.16 1.41 1.41 17

6 Barnsley (8) 27 13 5 3 5 14 18 -4 1.07 1.38 1.38 18

7 Luton Town (10) 26 11 4 3 4 17 19 -2 1.54 1.72 1.36 15

8 Brighton & Hove Albion (6) 27 14 5 4 5 19 17 2 1.35 1.21 1.35 19

9 Swindon Town (4) 28 13 3 7 3 18 19 -1 1.38 1.46 1.23 16

10 Colchester United (13) 26 15 4 5 6 13 18 -5 0.86 1.20 1.13 17

We can still catch you. It's still all to play for, some of your fans though seem to have accepted promotion as a certainty. Although you have not, Football has a very, very nasty habit of coming back to bite these people in the arse, just out of spite. God knows how many years of Reading arrogance we had to endure, before they realised that it wasn't helping, stopped and then proceeded to bugger off to division 1.. Same with Cardiff, and Wigwam.

To be honest i couldn't care less if you win the division, as long as we get second. But of the top 6 now, only 3 of those would have a cance in division 1, thats us, you and Qpr.

I'm not a subscriber of the you lot will come straight back down, division 1 is weak this year much like division 2, and it is not going to get much harder, well for the sort of positions that we would be aiming for.

I actually think that QPR qould do the worst out of the three teams at the top now, simply because they wouln't have enough money to strengthen adequately, neither of our clubs will have mega bucks, but we will have some and that could proove to be the key.

Guest city slicker 71
Listen, turnipheads.

If we don't get out this year , the next season will be harder. I'm sure you're aware this is a ###### poor division this year.

We are looking forward to coming and out singing you lot at yours in April, even if you try to cheat and swap it to an evening fixture.

Cheer up, there's always the Millenium Stadium again for you lot.  :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

No you listen cementhead, that place below you are not fit to grace. Gifted to you last season you got not a decibel out of it. Secondly, after seeing your lot twice this season if you seriously believe Plymouth are going to be div 1 front runners then you are as green as the shirts they play in.

Sincerely

Listen, turnipheads.

If we don't get out this year , the next season will be harder. I'm sure you're aware this is a ###### poor division this year.

Cheer up, there's always the Millenium Stadium again for you lot.  :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

So we now have some banter from the 'Gingster Gang' - look what robbored has done.

Fair play to Plymouth, they have really got it together & have shown that team spirit is a key factor in gaining good results.

The squad is not well paid (compared to BCFC) & all credit to the boys from Devon (or is it Cornwall - they like to say they come from!)

But while, they have every right to say they have a foot in Div 1, it would be a cracking day if they did happen to slip up. :P

Lot to play for, but they can afford a couple of slip ups - we can't.

Guest city slicker 71
:Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.: What a sad BemsterBoy you are!

Of course we're fit to grace your run down 'stadium'. Don't give me #### about not one decibel....my City colleagues (for I was working in BristHole) we're ashamed by their woeful support last Boxing day. Nice to have 18,000 there wasn't it? they were also begrudgingly respectful of our following. Our away following is far more passionate than yours so don't get me started on that argument. Just you worry about how the hell you'll claw 10 points back while we march on.

Didn't see the 4-0 drubbing then? Great defence of your trophy!!!!!!

As always you Reds spout Utter bollox!

You ****in worzels have been guzzling too much turnip juice and cider!

I remember seeing plymouth slapped 6-0 back in 1955 what crew member of the ark Royal was resposible for you on a short shore leave? You seem to spend an awful lot of time where you are not wanted? Not so much a hobby more a way of life, you poor wretch.

It galls me to say it but Cardiff City could be heard over the other side of Bedminster yours did not compare so stop this petty lying and go seek some councelling!

Sincerely

Archived