IGNORED

East - End For The Big Games

richieb

With these big games coming up in April & the season really hotting up, surely the club must give the supporters the chance to respond off the field to the vocal support these teams are bound to have.

The East End is well segregated & I am sure we would sell the tickets.

I don't think we have to set a certain number for away fans.

The intimindating atmosphere would give the team a boost & give visiting supporters the knowledge that they are visiting ASHTON GATE. :P

Cardiff share a stand & boy why can't we replicate that.

So what if these teams want all the capacity in the East End - It's about time BCFC gave our fans the chance to give it back in the East End.

I am sure the club will use the Police as a reason why this can't be done, but I say lets push for it in every way we can.

Guest BCFC Matt

I agree with richie on this one.

If we can prove our vocal support to the team from the eastend and it gives us a slight advantage then all should be done to secure the eastend for the big games.

On most ''big'' games there is a large police presence so rather than some being sat in there vans incase of trouble, why couldnt they be used in the eastend jsut to provide some extra backup for the stewards.

Go for it, you could possibly mention it at the next meeting richie?

Also dont forget that if season ticket holders chose to move to the eastend for these games then the club would have more seats available for re-sale.

It's so easily done as well.

Just limit BHA, Argyle and QPR to an allocation of 2,000 tickets. The leave 1,500 seats for segregation and put up the metal fences. Then you're left with enough room for a couple of thousand City fans in the East End. The atmosphere would be absolutely electric!

I really hope the club make this possible, it would spice up these three vital home fixtures no end...

Guest BCFC Matt

I forgot to mention that the eastend's been used as an overflow stand for the big games in the past, so why not give it to the fans who want it and can use it to the clubs advantage????

agree with that, in big games the team must suffer even if it's a tiny bit, because all they can hear is the away fans.

the only big game i have been to where the atmosphere hasn't been good from the away fans was cardiff h in the playoffs, but that was because you could cut the tension with a knife, and it was the same at Np, quietest i have ever heard it.

It's so easily done as well.

Just limit BHA, Argyle and QPR to an allocation of 2,000 tickets. The leave 1,500 seats for segregation and put up the metal fences. Then you're left with enough room for a couple of thousand City fans in the East End. The atmosphere would be absolutely electric!

I really hope the club make this possible, it would spice up these three vital home fixtures no end...

Phats,as I understand the fences are in place & there is a good space between the fences that seperate the fans.

Row of stewards in between & I see know reason why it wouldn't generate a fantastic atmosphere.

1500/2000 away tickets is as many as any other ground.

If we didn't think that the rest of the ground would sell out, then thats that excuse out of the way.

No reason why this wouldn't, shouldn't or couldn't happen. :D

Guest berksred

this nostalgia is really getting on my nerves. I've had some of the most fantastic times of my life standing in the East End but I'm afraid we gotta move on. The view from the seats in the East End is #### and that's why when it's open for our fans no one sits there. Give me the Dolman or Atyeo anyday. Let's give Plymouth, QPR and Brighton the whole of the East End - personally I love the atmosphere when there's loads of away fans. I'm afraid a few extra thousand city fans won't make any difference as at the end of the day it's up to the players and fortunately our players are well up for it at the moment!

Guest malaggro

BerksRed

You are wrong. If you don't think that a couple of thousand City fans will make any difference, a few hundred have already made a difference, as at the Chesterfield game. These calls to open the East End for good are well made and well supported, this is our club, we are the sole largest income and deserve to have our wishes heard and granted.

Many grounds manage to accomodate home and away fans next to each other, often without the need for large metal fences as in the East End (Plymouth manage with a vacant area of seats and black netting over them.

Get in the East End on Tuesday, get behind the team for 90 minutes and make the club seriously think about this.

We want it, the players must want it, hopefully the directors do as well now.

Yours in Cider

Mal.

Archived