IGNORED

Who Was Your Man Of The Match Today?

Guest Jack

Guest ReadingTom

They were all superb today everyone gave 100% committment.First game I can remember for ages where we made no sustitution-but there was no need!

A number of players had really good games, Tinnion, fantastic goal, miller linked up really well with Peacock and Goodfellow, causing problems. But my man of the match was Doherty, bossed the midfield, didn't let them play anfd helped us to defend high up the pitch (Well for 75 mins)

The front two were absolutely superb in the second although peacock scored a goal i can't choose between the two, millers work ethic and flicks + excellent flick to assist peacocks goal and one of peacocks most busy displays i've ever seen capped with a fine goal, there is no way i can split the two. A special mention has to go out to goodfellow and the doc as they finished a close second

I thought the whole team were strong, but Hill protected us when we were up against it, but Goodfellow really gave us an outlet in the second half and was running them ragged and linking up well with the forwards.

Special praise to Lee Miller. Ran the channels well, held the ball up, and his flick downs were pretty accurate. Well done mate.

A massive result and a great weekend. Lets not waste it by failing to get 3 points Tuesday.

Guest BTR_FTG

Everybody turned in a decent performance & whilst arguments could be made for Miller & Peacock (can't play togther my ar*e, they can't with Roberts in the side but when Goodfellows proving the ammo it's a different story) I think special praise should go to Hill who quietly & assuredly shut up shop at the back & snuffed them out just when they looked like they might start to take control.

Tins goal was the best we've scored in a very, very long time.

Shame on those dullards who, ten minutes into the second half when we were playing our best stuff of the game & had just created two good chances within a minute ( both well off target), started to give the front two the bolo & called for the introduction of Lita. Never, ever get after a striker who's getting into positions & creating chances which he then misses. Same dullards were singing Miller's praises two minutes later when his magificent vision & touch gifted Peacock & fair play to Lee for being first to animatedly point out to the crowd who had 'made' the goal. Miller & Peacock looked like they'd really started something Saturday & long may it continue.

BTR

FTG

Archived