IGNORED

Lee Peacock....

greenun

Following his clinical 14th goal of the season, has Lee Peacock now fulfilled his potential; and shut-up the doubters?

Or does he continue to perplex and frustrate, by continually conceeding free-kicks, when he has the physical attributes to beat opponents fairly?

I had an full exchange of views on this topic before the game with my mates in the boozer opposite the ground and will admit to being proved wrong following yesterdays performance (second half). The point I was making was that I believed at times the club hasn't received the value for money that has been invested and the particular exmaple used was Mr P.

I will readily post hear that his performances have improved significantly and it is not coincidence that City's upsurge in form has coincided with this. In my opinion Peacock has been MOM at the last two away games and the quality of goals he has scored of late are of top quality, his link up play has improved as well, showing an ability to switch play, which is a skill most associated with Brian Tinnion.

I think the biggest reason for this improvement is his ability to stay fit.. Peacock is a player that needs to trian well, as his game is based on an all action approach. Possibly life style changes have also benifited him, although that is not my business.

If he can learn to curve his runs a bit more (especially at home) and stay on side more often, then yes the £600K spent will have been money well invested.

Peacock has improved this year and is finally beginning to show his form and score the goals we need. He must be on for 20+ this season, which is no mean feat!

I guess it is a question of fitness and having the right strike partner, maybe now he has finally got that in Miller?

Peacock himself has admitted to lifestyle change helping him this year and to relishing the Sat/Tues/Sat/Tues games frequency.

Long may it last :P

Archived