IGNORED

Was Wilkshire A Waste Of 300k

Guest Jack

Probably one of our best players for the future, and a replacement for Tinman. So personally I don't think he was a waste of money, infact I reckon it was a shrewd bit of buying. Who would you rather have Miller, Wilkshire and Miller, who are all very young and are getting better, or Murray? I know which option I'd choose.

Even if he's not in the 1st team he's adding to strength in depth which many teams at this level don't have. Also he's only 23 (i think) so he'll be an important player in the future.

It was a good decision in my book.

Wilkshire, Miller and Goodfellow were excellent buys by a great manager. B)

Bristol City Div 2 Champs 2003/2004 :D  :D  :D

Absolutely right :P

Wilkshire will be a long term replacement for Tinman, adds strength at the moment, means we can rest Tommy or Tinman etc.

Hope we can keep him.

Miller and Goodfellow both looking good and add such ability and strength in depth to a young squad that will only improve.

:D:D:D

Replying to your topic title rather than your post Jack, I would have to say no. LW can only be considered a waste of money (£250,000 btw) if you take a completely short-sighted view and believe that Tinnion will be playing until he's 40 and that every other player we have will stay fit for the next 3 seasons.

Also we need to increase our International commitments so we cancel games in those weeks. TD for NI, LW for Aus, ummmmm Leroy Lita for DR Congo? Can't be long can it?

Archived