IGNORED

What Would Happen To The Tinman?

Guest CITY BOY DAVE

Guest CITY BOY DAVE

What would they do with the tinman if they had to bring in another manager? would they just sack him and say bye bye or will they find another job for him at the city and if so what job would he get whats your thoughts? chant6ez.gif

What would they do with the tinman if they had to bring in another manager? would they just sack him and say bye bye or will they find another job for him at the city and if so what job would he get whats your thoughts? chant6ez.gif

The Boot Room.

which is where he should have started his managerial training and followed in the footsteps of shanks and paisley et al.

Guest charisma_cider

They may offer him an assistant position, althought I doubt they would and in addition I doubt he'd take it. The man has pride and I'm sure he wouldn't want to take a back seat and watch someone else do the job he should have done, he has a managerial career to foward and will probably look to do it with another club.

He has to go.

No manager would want him in the backroom staff, waiting for an opportunity to "try again".

There can be no sentiment in football, and whilst he has been here for thirteen years, he has achieved nothing, other than enjoying his life in the comfort zone!!

Before anyone suggests that he gained promotion with Ward, bear in mind also that he also had two relegations.

Should've been sold or freed years ago.

Guest charisma_cider

I disagree with that he should have been sold years ago, he was essential in midfield I thought it wasn't until he started managing that his footballing ability started to dwindle but that was the only time I ever considered Tinnion a weakness on the field, but the season before his on-field passion and passing vision won us many games, I remember when he dragged Amankwaah off the pitch in order to take a corner of which we scored in the final minutes of a game, just one of the many great things Tinnion has done with the club.

Guest Cider Red Sam

What are you talking about mate? Did you ever see Tinnion play? Tinnion was one of the best players I've seen at Ashton Gate. If it wasn't for him, no way would Murray have scored 29 goals in that miracle season. Remember Anfield? Well, to be honest, no i don't either, i'm too young, which sums up how long Tinnion's been at City, and what a good player he must have been for us. You don't play 500+ games for a club (under many different managers as well, so it wasn't as if he was just selected because the manager seemed to love him, ie Lee Peacock) if you haven't been performing.

Guest zidereddy
He has to go.

No manager would want him in the backroom staff, waiting for an opportunity to "try again".

There can be no sentiment in football, and whilst he has been here for thirteen years, he has achieved nothing, other than enjoying his life in the comfort zone!!

Before anyone suggests that he gained promotion with Ward, bear in mind also that he also had two relegations.

you muppet you are talking absolute rubbish,tinnion has been a exelent servant to the club and has city in his heart if only others at the club were the same,i know things arnt going well at the moment but don't forget what this man has done for city over the years

Guest MAGILLA
He has to go.

Very much agree. And the break, when it happens, should be a clean one.

Tinnion should have started his managerial career at a Non-League Club, made his mistakes there, learnt from them and perhaps come back to City as a wiser, more experienced manager who would have been better prepared for the situation he inherited. This 'sentimental suicide' is very painful - I really do feel that more experienced managers would have been shown the door in the summer and one of the few last remaining reasons that Tinnion hasn't been shown the door is his supposed 'legend' status.

Correct about the one promotion, two relegations point. And the longevity of his service is a complete irrelevance. There are plenty of players who were here for far shorter amounts of time than Tinnion who contributed far more than he did - Gow, Hunter, Riley and Bob Taylor for starters?

Surprised he lasted as long as he has - could quite easily have been shipped out several seasons ago but apparently BCFC 'owe' him a living. Too many of his apologists have never known BCFC with out Tinnion. 'He's a legend', 'He's full of passion', 'He's City through and through' - it's so tedious! These 'assertions' were used as flimsy evidence to justify his appointment last year - and they are as irrelevant now as they were then. Are the apologists claiming that Tinnion is the most 'passionate, city-through and through, bleedin' legend' player we've ever had? Are City players past and present fated to forever walk in his shadow? Stop making excuses for this shambles and start putting the club first.

you muppet you are talking absolute rubbish,tinnion has been a exelent servant to the club

When it comes to left sided players, Gerry Sharpe, Clive Whitehead, Alan Walsh and Dave Smith all contributed more to their respected teams than Tinnion.

and has city in his heart

I've had City in my heart since '67/68, but it doesn't mean I should be manager.

In my eyes the man is a fake, and is now being found wanting.

if only others at the club were the same,

No excuse. They are now his signings/players, playing to his inept tactics.

i know things arnt going well at the moment but don't forget what this man has done for city over the years

What exactly has he done for City ?

you muppet you are talking absolute rubbish,tinnion has been a exelent servant to the club and has city in his heart if only others at the club were the same,i know things arnt going well at the moment but don't forget what this man has done for city over the years

Unfortunately we can't dwell in the past.

BT has been here for many years, but apart from living on his Liverpool goal, he never really got us moving forward.

The fact that I don't think he ever Captianed the club speaks volumes.

Guest dolmanthomas

He would come out of retirement and play for City and would then wait for his chance to become manager of city again.

I hope he doesn't stay but i fear for the worst!!!

Archived