IGNORED

New Manager

Guest steady1975

Guest steady1975

I have it on good authority that we are looking at getting Rob Elstob in as general manager, he will work alongside whoever gets brought in as team manager. Rob Elstob has worked for City with there youth team and although not a familiar name with many at City, he has been seen on matchdays giving help to Tinnion

I have it on good authority that we are looking at getting Rob Elstob in as general manager, he will work alongside whoever gets brought in as team manager. Rob Elstob has worked for City with there youth team and although not a familiar name with many at City, he has been seen on matchdays giving help to Tinnion

cobblers

Sven? he would fit in prefectly down at the gate! banghead.gif

Guest steady1975

Can't see John Ward getting the job, i think it's good were getting one of the backroom team to work alongside the new manager though. I'd like to see John Gregory get the job

John Gregory would be a disaster; he's another Pulis. Look at his disgraceful departures from Villa and Derby. City ought to have learned from the Pulis saga not to take people who look to extort money from clubs by intimidation.

Guest steady1975

No idea what it's an anagram of. It's not supposed to be a wind up, Rob Elstob is lined up for the general manager's job and i've been told that by a reliable source. I have no idea what his role is at the club but i know he is part of the youth set up at City.

I have heard of Rob Elstob. I think it is a good idea to bring somebody up from the ranks who knows the club from the grass roots! (He had a lot to do with Leroy's development). city.gifsnack.gif

Guest steady1975

Have had it confirmed now that Rob Elstob will become general manager working alongside the new team manager, talk from inside the club is that there targetting Danny Wilson returning

Guest annanimo
Have had it confirmed now that Rob Elstob will become general manager working alongside the new team manager, talk from inside the club is that there targetting Danny Wilson returning

Danny Wilson?

From "inside the club"?

You mean the board is going to accept that it made a mistake in sacking him in the not too distant past? I don't think so.

Guest steady1975

Well i personally would love to see Danny back, i can see the board going for that. The fact that they had back tracked and would look bad to bring him back would soon be forgotten. If not Danny then Steve Poole would be my choice, he's the reserve team boss at Yeovil

Guest steady1975

On what grounds can you say that Steve Poole would ruin the club, he has aproven track record and has worked with the Russians. The Russian manager Vladimir may be bale to send us some new players

why would danny even want to come back, not point of sacking him in the 1st place if your going to bring him back at first opportunity, not sayin hes not a good choice but cant see it happening

Haven't you ever gone back with an ex Girlfriend?

Kissed and made up and wished the break up had never happened in the first place?

I know I have.....

(Oh ...And it was s@#t both times around)

no fraid not - its the ebullient and fabulously successful Ernie Tippetts ex Rushden and Diamonds. rofl2br.gif Do me a favour.

Guest steady1975

No Rob Elstob is much better than Ernie Tippetts and has an excellent record with our youth side. I still think a Redknapp/Elstob partnership would do well for us and would get us up

Guest steady1975

Elstob/Venables would be good. If Venables could give Elstob experience for a season or two then he could take over having gained the experience needed and we'd have a City man in charge at the end of it all

Joh  Gregory or Peter Reid, what's your opinion?

Right, as you keep on resurrecting this thread:

Here is my final guess of the anagram of that absurd name you keep on putting forward.

Is it a mixture of an old Stoke stalwart and Georgie......BLOOR BEST? dunno.gif

Guest The Guvnor
My Friend's,Sister's, nephew's, cousin saw Mourhino leaving the gate today. Trust me. This is 100% true information. He needs a real challenge, and you don't get any more challenging than BCFC.

Regards,

City Exile.

Not got the right qualities according to the board. Still not proven himself!

rofl2br.gif

Guest steady1975

Gregory's desperate to get back into management though so i reckon he'd take a cut to come here. Dennis Wise is now being touted for the job, i'm not in favour of getting him in.

Guest steady1975

Well we didn't get who we thought but i'm delighted with Johnson. I reckon the Johnson/Elstob partnership is going to be the best thing to happen to City in years.

Guest annanimo

Are we happy with the choice of Johnson? Thoughts please?

What do you mean happy? I'm absolutely ecstatic.

I really thought we'd end up with someone like Ian McCall (absolutely useless) or Graham taylor (good, but yesterday's man). I wouldn't have thought Gary would have even considered coming here bearing in mind he's turned down "bigger" clubs before.

Let's just hope Saturday's performance is a sign of things to come!

Guest steady1975

Yeah i'm suprised he came here but fingers crossed he turns out to be the right man, going to be interesting when we face Yeovil with him in charge

Who's Madger and who's Elstrob? His name is Rob Elstob and he's with the youth set up

So why is he not on the Academy staff list, it looks pretty comprehensive to me, with even Assistant coaches named on the list?

Madger is a fellow forum poster, with I believe strong connections to the club.

As for the "Elstrob" jibe, if you check my post it was correctly spelt as Elstob.

Well Madger is wrong, he's been there for years and works with Tony Fawthrop, let me guess Madger doesn't know who Fawthrop is either?

Of course if he does work with Fawthrop, who is currently Academy manager, he would be listed on the Academy staff page. Which he isn't.

Several people on this forum have questioned whether Elstob is actually an employee, and between us all we have a rather wide knowledge of all things BCFC. You seem to be the only person who knows of Elstob, and there certainly doesn't seem to be any mention of him being involved in the first team, or any reference to him at all on the website.

Can you find any proof that he is an employee of BCFC? If you can, I will gladly hold my hands up and apologise.

If not, then I fail to see the point of this thread... :blink:

Edited by Dastardly and Muttley

What can i do to prove it if he's not showing on the website, you tell me what proof you want and i'll provide it

Any proof that you can provide will do. As you say, it will be hard to do as he is not shown on the website. I would say that this fact alone is reasonably conclusive proof that he is not in fact an employee of BCFC, especially one with a key role in the Academy, that would give him enough responsibility to be assisting the first team manager on match days as you suggest in your initial post.

As I said above, any proof will do....

Guest steady1975

My mistake it's not Rob Elstob who's lined up for the job, i spoke to my contact and told him that it's being questioned on here and he said that Elstob is part time and not for that job and would not be on the Academy staff list. He said it's Terry Webb who's being lined up as general manager, find out if madger know's him?

My mistake it's not Rob Elstob who's lined up for the job, i spoke to my contact and told him that it's being questioned on here and he said that Elstob is part time and not for that job and would not be on the Academy staff list. He said it's Terry Webb who's being lined up as general manager, find out if madger know's him?

Fantastic. The Academy Assistant Under-10's coach is being lined up as General Manager!!!

:rofl2br:

He's the only fully qualified FIFA coach which is why he's lined up for the position

Fair enough, if it happens I will come on here and apologise.

I personally find it extremely unlikely, and if he is the only fully-qualified FIFA coach it begs the question why he is only an assistant coach?

If the information about his qualifications is accurate, then I think he's more likely to be in line for the Academy managers position during the restructure.

It's not the famous Rob Elstob after all? Bad mistake that, City should have promoted him to General Manager while we had the chance.

Terry Webb, eh, that's much easier.

Bert Byrew? :dunno:

Guest steady1975

Nogbad don't start that anagram stuff again, check Webbo out on the BCFC official site. I'm loooking forward to the club announcing his new position soon so i can come on here and say i told you so. And don't forget Rob Elstob, he'll be getting known at City soon

Nogbad don't start that anagram stuff again, check Webbo out on the BCFC official site. I'm loooking forward to the club announcing his new position soon so i can come on here and say i told you so. And don't forget Rob Elstob, he'll be getting known at City soon

Have no fear Steady, after this enlightening thread many of us will be following in awed wonder the unstoppable progress of the great Rob Elstob as he powers his way inexorably to the highest echelons of British football.

Never mind El Tel, here comes the greatest of them all - El Stob. :englandsmile4wf:

Guest steady1975

I like that, if Rob Elstob was to get the Barcelona job then he would be known as El Stob the magnificent. Did you see Elstob on the bench with Johnson last night?

Guest steady1975

At least i'm not the only one to see him, he looked good alongside Johnson and i reckon they'll be a good partnership, bit like the Starsky and Hutch of football management :yawn:

Let me guess, some bloke you got chatting to in the pub - called rob elstob told you about how he worked for city and was going to be the next manager and you believed every word?

Isnt that usually along the lines of when people try chatting birds up on holiday saying "I play football for ......"

Are we happy with the choice of Johnson? Thoughts please?

:dance: YEAH HAPPY but then you got to think players rule ok! Everyone forgot Tinman already? Same players , yeah tactics better, but would happens if GJ suddenly became not so popular ? PLAYERS should take good look at themselves. YEAH HAPPIER !!

Guest steady1975

Tinnion was friends with all the players, Johnson has no links at City so he has got an edge on Tinnion already. It's early days but so far so good, i have agood feeling that Johnson is goona get us up :dance:

How are we all feeling today, looked like a case of same old story on Saturday

Not too bad steady, how are you?

Is this your own special thread then?

By the way i should like to see Rob Elstob having a greater influence on match days - starting off with closely observing the pre-match warm-up from the back of the Dolman.

In the future who knows, but GJ and even SL won't be here forever.

:whistle:

Guest steady1975

I'm not too bad, how are you Nogbad?

I don't think he was on the pitch during the pre-match warm up, he must have been in the dressing room still.

Rob Elstob thinks that SL is holding him back and would like Scott Davidson back