IGNORED

Players Clapping The East End.

Guest twaters

Guest twaters

I know it seems a bit petty to moan about anything after a win but i thought it wasnt very nice that the city players didnt come over and give us a clap, atleast walk back to the half way line and show some acknowledgment. After all we did give them all of our support througout the game.

The only player i saw give us a wave directly was phillips and the other players kinda clapped as they walked off. Perhaps i am just being silly.

I don't think it's too much of a big deal, they usually go round and say thanks after the game, see what the players say over the next few days and see if they comment on the atmosphere.

Sounded brilliant on the Radio..

I happen to think that players clapping the fans is a meaningless gesture on the whole. They only do it because it is expected of them, and a classic case is the Colchester players going towards their small bunch of followers tonight, and clapping them. They never made a sound all night. I shouldn't take it personally if the lads never clapped the East End.

Guest twaters

Nah i wont, but just felt we made such a noise and gave a great account they might have felt the urge to come and say cheers lads. I dont care really though , it was wicked and i guess i am just used to it sitting in block H of the Ateyo all this time.

The players clapped the fans as they walked off as they do at every home game.

The East End was great last night in terms of support, but I trust you are not suggesting the East End should get "special" treatment from the players. That would surely be disrespectful to all the thousands of fans in others stands; wouldn't it?

My lucky charm (girlfriend) came along last night and it was the first time she's seen the East End occupied by city fans, and she said it made a big difference to the atmosphere. I'd ideally like to see either the entire East End given over to the home supporters - and the away fans given a section elsewhere, say for example 2 blocks in the Williams - or an accoustic alteration made to the Atyeo that allows the noise to funnel onto the pitch.

Antman, the reason the East End's noise is heard more than the Atyeo is that the roof is shaped so that the noise comes out flat.... whereas the Atyeo's is open-faced making more noise dissipate into the sky. Basic physics mate.

Guest twaters
The players clapped the fans as they walked off as they do at every home game.

The East End was great last night in terms of support, but I trust you are not suggesting the East End should get "special" treatment from the players.  That would surely be disrespectful to all the thousands of fans in others stands; wouldn't it?

I am used to sitting in the Ateyo, and after every single home match the players come off and look up and clap all the home support. Nearly every player looks up at our supporters and claps. Surely this as you are suggesting is "special" treatment. Perhaps if the players thanked the east end it might get some others encouraged to sing around the ground.

I am used to the ateyo scenario and was saying basically i missed that final bit of thanks from the players and thanks from the fans. As for disrespectful, i think not, because it wouldnt be a simple thank you east end walk off, it woulda been a thank you east end look at Dolman, Look at williams and finally ateyo.

Anyway, This isnt very important and I'm sure the players dont even think about it, its the game we came to watch and they won yipee!!!

Antman, the reason the East End's noise is heard more than the Atyeo is that the roof is shaped so that the noise comes out flat.... whereas the Atyeo's is open-faced making more noise dissipate into the sky. Basic physics mate.

I know, I know!!!

I used to stand, then sit down the East end (right behind pillar 4, which seemed to move wherever the action was)

I was having a bit of fun, as apart from 600 or so, there is very little noise/singing at the gate, (plenty of moaning though' !! especially that loud mouthed tommy tanker at the back of the Ateyo who called Phillips an 'effing w@*^%$r' because he scuffed a kick out. the same useless fool who insists on repeating every witty gem he vomits out in case the entire stand didn't get it it. christ! now I'm moaning, help... NURSE!!!)

It's a suggestion that has been made before... by me! and I got the response 'try singing a bit more' which lets face it, you can't argue with really. :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

I know it seems a bit petty to moan about anything after a win but i thought it wasnt very nice that the city players didnt come over and give us a clap, atleast walk back to the half way line and show some acknowledgment. After all we did give them all of our support througout the game.

The only player i saw give us a wave directly was phillips and the other players kinda clapped as they walked off. Perhaps i am just being silly.

I can assure you that the players were very well aware of the singing from the East End and of the difference it made to the atmosphere.

Tins has told me that the players were talking about it after the game and that they truly appreciated the noise you all created during the game, to spur them on to victory.

It didn't go unnoticed and they are very grateful. Hope that helps.

Archived