IGNORED

Keep It Goin Me Old Babs

Guest city slicker 71

Guest city slicker 71

I got home after another corker in the old shed feeling elated but suprised some of my friends couldn't make it and talk of others unable to get there. What a turn out what a pulsating atmosphere, looking around i saw young and old, groups of girls faces i hadn't seen for years all joining in to red army . There were youngsters over in the gwr who never took there eyes off the east end, they don't want a continuation of school they'd of rather a taste of the free, like i was lucky to grow up in. Don't be boring let em off the leash!

The echoes, shreiks and wolf whistles of yester year took on

a different call, the call to arms accompanied by drums and an insatiable taste for victory which is what we got not an impressive one but who cares?

Iv'e always had and always will a strong passion for the east end my ashes will be scattered there, i never tire of any post concerning it the point is, who cares also if its short term long term re-developed or otherwise the time is now as far as the away lot go inthe words of glos boy put em somewhere else there were enough empty seats around tonight. Qpr and plymouth keep the drum roll intimidating and split them up let none of them come here again and sing you are supposed to be at home.

A magnificent effort and turnout i thank all of you ,lets keep it

going(that's if it's alright with everyone else).

sincere regards

:PC_Plod: Edited for Caps Lock. Please do not post entirely in Upper Case. Thank you. :PC_Plod:

Must keep the East End how can "they" refuse its getting fuller and fuller and noisier and noisier.This MUST NOT be allowed to die,it could well make the difference and give us the Edge!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :)  :wub:

Was indifferent to the idea till last night, but gotta say as an old git what remembers the old East End, BRING BACK THE EAST END NOW!!!!!! It gives us back our ground! :D:D:D:D:o:D:D:clap::cool:

It will be brill when Hollowheads sad lot and Plymuff come to the Gate

I "grew up" in the old East End. Standing there watching City v Crewe, delicately poised at 91st in the football league was a defining moment for me as a young City fan. It certainly makes you appreciate the good times when they come along.

Couldn't get there last night as I work in London at the moment. Went to the Chesterfield game though. Cracking atmosphere, brought back loads of memories.

Alas, it will be short lived, we all know that. Enjoy it while we can!

Guest december 1963

Cityslicker71 - a man after my own heart; doubtful I could have said it any better. Maybe the East End hasn't meant much to anyone under 20 but it was part of the heritage of watching City for most of the last century. It's the way we watched football, a way which is being stamped out all over the country. It is part of OUR ground and much as I have enjoyed sitting in the Atyeo it has grieved me to see the empty spaces or the invasion of foreign supporters down the other end. Its benefits are just now beginning to be seen or remembered.

Guest cider gliders

We couldn`t agree with you more City Slicker!

The East End is a sacred place to a lot of we old

un`s! an it be great to see ole the young un`s

gettin` excited about bein` in thur! We wud love to

see the city stick they away supporters somewur

else, so we can have the East End back, but it will

never happen, with we going up to the first next

season most teams up thur have good away support,

an that is where they will always stick um, in our

sacred home THE EAST END! :D

Great noise in the East last night! Well done ole! :P

Guest cider gliders

We hope yer right Glos Boy! Nobody more than we

wanna get back in the East End! The fans want it,

it`s up to the powers to be to give us it back! :D

Guest Eastendredgal85

fair point cityslicker,fair point gliders.but shuv the away fans in a part of the williams.and lets us have the EE.its ours.other clubs manage 2 house big away crowds without puttin em behind the goal....so y cant we?? cos of the bloody local pigs and council.thats y! :(went in the EE last night, 4 the 3rd time, and am gona be bloody depressed if, next home game, i gota b forced 2 SIT in the dolman with a loada seemingly dead people, and listen 2 the roar of the away fans in my beloved home end!!!

East East Eastenders!

Eastendredgal x

Guest Eastendredgal85

ps GREAT NOISE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, FRIENDLY, FUN, STRESS RELIEF. GREAT COMMUNITY SPIRIT.2 GAMES, 5 GOALS. CMON U BOYS! :D

Archived