IGNORED

Was Anyone Dissapointed Last Night

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I know there were hardly any away fans last night but what do the stay aways want? blood?

No I'm not on about the lads and lasses that struggle to get to/affored games, because obviously it's not always that easy, but where are the casual fan? Those that "appear" for cup finals, play offs, cup games!

Maybe it's poor advertising on behalf of the club, which is where I put alot of blame - But it is frustraighting that people don't make the effort when they have no excuse other than it's only Colchester we're playing.

Where I was sat in the East end I thought it looked like there was more than the Chesterfield game. The East End was full, The Ateyo had more people in it but did have gaps, The Dolman looked fairly full from my view and the Willams had less gaps. I know that there was not many away fans but I would have thought 12,000

Guest twaters

Well our capacity is 21,000. we only allow for 18,500 minus all the black sheated gaps etc. Could you see 8000 seats last night. i know i couldnt. maybe 4-5000 but not 8000.

I was a turnstile operater last season and the guy who takes in all the totals and adds them up is a bit odd and maybe he cannot add up properly?
One or two short yes, but it's a bit worrying if he can manage to miscount by about a thousand :D

Guest twaters

Absolutely not, i was saying if the man counts less, then there is less tax to pay. I never accused anyone of anything. Cant you read?

Absolutely not, i was saying if the man counts less, then there is less tax to pay. I never accused anyone of anything. Cant you read?

Yes, I can. I can also work out what causes "Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin." to appear in posts without getting all confused.

Guest twaters

he he he, ok point made. dont want to start a pathetic argument now do we. Perhaps i misinturpredted your post as a threat rather than a joke? Maybe if lots of laughter was allowed i might have known that you were joking rather than be defensive.

So you havent actually said what you feel about the attendance. Do you believe that it was correct?

Guest twaters

Did you honestly count 21,479 minus 10,733 = 10,746 spare seats last night!

That means half of each stand has to be empty.

Bearing in mind we have blacked out alot of seats due to restrictions. The clubs official max gate is now a fair bit lower, 18 500 or somthing.

The East end holds 5,500. we had including the away fans just over a thousand one hundred in there. so thats 4,400. so that leaves 6,100ish spare seats in the ground.

Anyway i certainly dont want to get me, or the club into trouble. But perhaps the club should start investigating there attendance, ie alot of people must be getting in for free somwhere.

I too was very dissapointed with the turnout last night but i thought it was about 12,500 i had a discussion with BCFCMATT during the game about it and we both thought it was over 12,000.

Oh well we got the three points.

Every few months this topic comes up. Then Colin S, or Keith Draisey or someone else from the club goes to great lengths to explain the various capacities of each of the stands, the safety requirements, ticketing arrangements, the inside leg measurement of the stewards etc, and demonstrate quite categorically that published attendance figures are verified and accurate.

Then we get a thread like this all over again. It's like Groundhog Day on here sometimes.

Maybe the club should put a section on the Official site with all the relevant details so that the next time people accuse them of fraud and tax evasion they can point to the relevant statistics without having to go over this old ground again and again and again.

Guest WestburyRed
Did you honestly count 21,479 minus 10,733 = 10,746 spare seats last night!

Yes, I was wondering if it was going to be a 7,000 max attendance about 10 minutes before kick-off, I guess everyone arrived as late as poss due to the weather.

Anyways, massive gaps all throughout in the Atyeo (I'm guessing if you put everyone together in a few blocks it was barely half full), GWR was not too busy, Williams was fairly quiet. For a start there were nearly 4,000 seats empty in the East End. Are you honestly saying there were not a further 6,000 or so empty seats left in the entire ground?!

This topic comes up every bloody week! The amount of times this has been really well explained by Steve/Colin etc is mind boggling.

very disappointed.

6 wins on the bounce, no home game for over a week and then that kind of a attendence.

Really poor.

Admittedly it would have been into the 11,000's, had the away support been larger, but even so it was poor.

The weather was cold- but even so. It wasn't windy, rainy, dangerous out or anything like that.

Archived