IGNORED

"standing"

Guest bristol south end

Guest bristol south end

As an old East-Ender from the 70s it has brought a tear to the old eye hearing the old songs again echoing round the ground,i now sit in the williams with my 2 boys who keep asking me "what are they singing now dad" they are itching to go in there next week,i think i may join them,we mustn't let the kill-joys ruin it with the threat to close it if you dont sit down,the simple answer is to rip the seats out in that one part of the ground.The atmosphere in the last couple of games has been excellent and must be a massive help to the players,we must not let this advantage go to waste,the blue few are allowed to stand up all around there ground so why shouldn't we have the same oppurtunity/advantage HES HERE,HES THERE,HES EVERY ######ING WHERE TOMMY DOC, TOMMY DOC

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Great most mate, nice to hear how a new generation of kids want to get involved, as do older lads who wanna relive past glorys.

Doubt we will see terracing though, we have lord taylor and his dream of "gentryfying" english football to thank for that

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Are you joking or are you serious about ripping out seats?

Do you honestly think the club will say oh well they ripped the seats out, lets let them in there again they will have to stand up. we will just tell the council what happened and they will just be all happy about it.

NO. It will cost them lots of money to get the seats replaced, we will never be allowed in there again, the stadium capacity would be reduced and city will probaly be fined.

if we want terracing back we will have to go through the long strenous procedure of going through all the fans at all the club seeing what they want, all the chairmen and chief exec's. We would then have notify the council and the fa etc etc about it and then get our club behind us in doing it. Maybe and only maybe then we would have a slight chance of having terracing or at least standing back to ashton gate or just the east end.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Are you joking or are you serious about ripping out seats?"

Tommy I VERY much doubt he meant the fans mate! Who do u think we are, Millwall :rolleyes:

Guest Highlander

I suspect Bristol South End doesn't intend us to literally rip out the seats. Obviously not the solution.

Don't know what is mind. The urge to stand when you are in there is pretty overwhelming. Feels great to be able to move about a bit. But the seats ain't coming out (not for a long time, if ever).

So I'm going to sit down for the Brentford game. And I'm going to sing! It might mean moving to the front to start with but that, kindof, is where it has to come from.

The advantage of a boisterous, loud East End urging on the team is huge. We cannot throw it away!

By the way, if the Brentford fans don't get the same encouragement to stay sat down it obviously won't happen for us either.

Guest redrobin108

Lets just bring down Millwall and put them in the East End, and then the seats will be ripped out. :D:rolleyes: :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.: :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Guest bristol south end

No,i didn't mean literally rip out the seats a la millwall just perhaps a couple of dozen of us nip down after the pubs have shut armed with spanners & a couple of bottles of natch and do the biz (only joking Tommy C) ON THE 'EAD,ON THE 'EAD,'IT 'I'm ON THE 'EAD 'IT 'I'm ON THE 'EAD 'IT 'I'm ON THE 'EAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT

Guest BCFC_DEANO

As supporters i think that we are in a no win situation.

On the one hand if we keep standing the east end will be closed.

On the other if we sit, the atmosphere will drop, then the number of supporters in there until it is closed because not enough people are using it.

Archived