IGNORED

Plymouth & Qpr

Bristol Boy

It has undoubtedly improved the atmosphere at AG to have some of our own supporters back in the East End.

For the above fixtures, I would like to make a suggestion regarding ticket sales that I have already made on the Fans Forum.

Out of courtesy, I think we should make 1,500 tickets available for both teams and those tickets should be for that part of the East End currently made available to HOME fans.

There is natural/physical segregation between that point and the Dolman as was amptly proved when Sheff Weds visited.

In any event a relatively small number of Police & Stewards could be posted there.

It would also mean that we could sell ALL of the Grandstand out and not leave one block (most weeks) uselessly empty for segregation, which, let's face it is hardly needed for Colchester and the likes with their 50 supporters!

We can then fill the rest of the Ground with City fans, holding back the remainder of the East End Tickets to be sold last, with sales having to be made prior to the day of the game.

If, as is expected, the rest of the Ground is sold out and we only sell say 500, East End tickets to City Supporters, we can then allocate all the additional tickets for the East End to the away side ( a further 2,000?) on the basis that I'd rather sell them to them than not sell the tickets at all.

Over to you and please tell our friends in the Avon & Somerset Constabulary that empty grounds will improve security but do little for the clubs finances and the grounds atmosphere!

Thanks in advance.

It makes sense.  The problem is would it be allowed as are teh facilities in the EE on that side good enough for away fans.  We would definately be able to sell more tickets eg Williams, but would we be allowed anyway as I thought the ground's capacity for home matches was reduced for safety reasons.
It's more to do with the Police & Segregation than Safety and it annoys me when I see 21,819 listed as capacity when only 17,500 can get in! :rolleyes:

Archived