IGNORED

The Incider Issue 15 - Now Online

edson

Issue 15 of The Incider is now online for your perusal at www.theincider.com

This issue includes an interview with former Bristol City invisible man, Simon Clist, in which we ask him about his decision to leave, Ashton Gate, if he feels he got a fair deal at City and how he feels about Danny Wilson.

Tins has also been busy, keeping a diary of his week running up to and including the Hartlepool game. It really is a fascinating read for all fans and we'd like to thank Tinman very much for taking the time to write his diary every day to give us an insight into the daily routine of a footballer.

In addition, there are also the usual gags and features, plus an extrodinary revelation about our chairman's sartorially-challenged past. For anyone who has ever wondered where some of our players get their odd fashion-sense from, this is an item you won't want to miss.

There's a chance to win a signed copy of the highly amusing behind the scenes DVD of Bristol City's LDV Final day, for the person who contributes the best letter to Issue 16 and details of Brian Tinnion's Testimonial Evening on February 19th.

We hope you enjoy this issue and that you feel suitably moved to write a letter for the next Issue, in an attempt to win that hilarious DVD.

Cheers

edson, RedTop and the artist formerly known as Tomarse.

Guest Bootylicious

Another fantastic issue!

Always makes me laugh :rolleyes:

Tinman's diary was interesting. It is actually him writing it isnt it? Not one of 'you lot'?!

Keep up the good work.

Another fantastic issue!

Always makes me laugh  :rolleyes:

Tinman's diary was interesting. It is actually him writing it isnt it? Not one of 'you lot'?!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks Beth and thanks RedZepperin.

Yes, it genuinely was all Tins' own work. I'm going to try and find out which teams Marvin and Leroy manage on Championship Manager, later today.

I thought this was going to be a request for a certain Mr. Clist's phone number!

It would be great to see Gazza involved in a game at Ashton Gate. Let's just hope he's in a fit state to play, even if it is just a testimonial game, by then.

He played in a fund raiser at Darlington last week and only made it up the tunnel before falling over onto his ass.

The poor bloke is in a right state at the moment. Battling the bottle, and the strange demons in his head. Still scrabbling around trying to find a club, and probably having to come to terms with the fact that his days as a footballer are over.

Well done for this edition of the Incider though. An excellent mix of humour and original, interesting reporting.

A couple of points.

The Clist Interview - It appears that players do read the forum and the rumours of a fall out with Wilson can now be discounted.

The Tinnion Diary - Nice to read about the interest that Brian has in the youngsters.

Also interesting to note the amount of extra training Brian does but more interesting is that his partner in doing this is Mickey Bell. This is the same Mickey Bell who gets criticised for a lack of fitness. Another myth shot down in flames?

The Clist Interview - It appears that players do read the forum and the rumours of a fall out with Wilson can now be discounted.

I think Simon is the exception rather than the rule.

As far as I can tell, the majority of players steer clear of the forum as, inevitably, it is the negative comments they would pick up on, rather than the positives.

It's the same with anyone, I guess. You can have a thousand people praising you, but it's the one nasty comment that you remember. For that reason, they tend not to look.

• Admin
A couple of points.

The Tinnion Diary - Nice to read about the interest that Brian has in the youngsters.

Also interesting to note the amount of extra training Brian does but more interesting is that his partner in doing this is Mickey Bell.  This is the same Mickey Bell who gets criticised for a lack of fitness.  Another myth shot down in flames?

Not necessarily "shot down in flames". What this tells you is that his "attitude" is spot on regarding his fitness but it suggests that unfortunately his age is catching up with him moreso than it is with Tins. Not his fault really, people are just different.

Anyway another top issue lads. Where's my prize? :rolleyes:

And the award for most organised group in the world goes to..."The Incider Team!"..Why? well, whilst most of us recover from the excesses of the last 6 weeks, they are advertising the (Brilliant!) Dziekanowski long sleever as being an ideal Christmas present! Can we get it on the never never like those hampers?? :rolleyes:

Great effort again lads...and you never know, the offer of a free DVD may even get me spilling my secrets from when we used to do the match videos...though perhaps some of those better stay where they are...

As far as I can tell, the majority of players steer clear of the forum as, inevitably, it is the negative comments they would pick up on, rather than the positives.

Yes. Footballers are like elephants. They never forget.

I look forward to the day when the Forum team turns out for a game, and the entire First Team squad comes down to pass on some choice observations about their performances. :rolleyes::D

First time reader, well good like it its bookmarked now, good to see humour about ourselves, and good to hear Clisty didnt get forced out by a falling out, pity he couldnt break through to regular first choice football with us.

First time reader, well good like it its bookmarked now
The back issues are viewable, by clicking 'Back Issues' near the bottom of the right hand menu (second item down under 'Information'), if you want to see what you've 'missed' up to now.

Cheers.

I'm going to try and find out which teams Marvin and Leroy manage on Championship Manager, later today.
In answer to my own question:

Marvin and Leroy both manage Bristol City on Champ. Manager. Marvin is top of the first division and Leroy refused to comment, but apparently he's not too happy with Marv's success. I think that tells its own story of how Leroy is getting on.

• Admin
Not necessarily "shot down in flames". What this tells you is that his "attitude" is spot on regarding his fitness but it suggests that unfortunately his age is catching up with him moreso than it is with Tins. Not his fault really, people are just different.

Anyway another top issue lads. Where's my prize? :rolleyes:

If edson's allowed to reply to his own post....... :D

How did you get hold of those photos of SL then guys? Have you been rummaging through their bins again?

Well done once more. Some of the gags are a little too lateral for my peabrain to grasp though. Either that or they're just #### jokes. :P

Keep up the good work, etc.

Keep up the good work guys.

Just one question - Did SL give you those photos or have you been breaking into people's houses again?

We never reveal our sources. Suffice to say, we owe a debt of gratitude to a forum member.

You could try typing "Steve Lansdown" into a Google image search, though...

Good to know you got them off the web. I thought for a minute your "Independence, Irreverence, etc." might be putting itself up for unnecessary scrutiny again. Not by me of course. :wub:

A really good read once more. Well done.

On a Friday at the end of the game there is a vote for a yellow jersey which goes to the worst player. This week it went to Aaron Brown and was proudly presented by Steve Phillips (last week's winner)!

is a copied bit of the page in the tinman diary

quite agree

We never reveal our sources. Suffice to say, we owe a debt of gratitude to a forum member.

So, this source then, any chance you might give us a clue?

I'm not one to insist on transparency in these matters (look what happened to the last source who declared himself!) but if we "Badgered" you, would you spill the beans?

Good to know you got them off the web. I thought for a minute your "Independence, Irreverence, etc." might be putting itself up for unnecessary scrutiny again.  Not by me of course. :wub:

I would have thought our independence would have come under scrutiny, by virtue of the fact that, if you do type "Steve Lansdown" into a Google image search, a picture of RedTop appears.

Could they be the same person....?

I would have thought our independence would have come under scrutiny, by virtue of the fact that, if you do type "Steve Lansdown" into a Google image search, a picture of RedTop appears.

Could they be the same person....?

You are right. Further question marks are raised when you find out that the bloke on Steve's left in the "70's trio" photo with the rather startling afro is called Huw.

The plot thickens.

Archived