IGNORED

West Brom Vs Watford

Godzilla

Following our annoying postponement today, myself, my Dad and Wesco decided to continue north bound (we were only about 10 minutes from Wells) to the Hawthornes to watch West Brom vs Watford.

An entertaining 2nd half brought a fantastic finish from Lee Hughes, a tiday finish from Geoff Horsfield and a 20 yard curler from Scott Fitzgerald. As well as some end to end football, a sending off and the comfort of a plastic seat in a lovely stadium, it was well worth the short journey up the M5.

Allthough Wesco ended up a few rows behind me, I was getting regular updates from Madger on the Chesterfield/QPR score and shouting over a load of West Brom fans what the score was probably wasn't the easiest task in the world, but with amusing all the same... And my celebrations when hearing Chesterfield had just gone 4-2 up recieved several bemused looks from the West Brom fans around me.

As was our visit to a local pub pre-match as we were there very early! You had to have a ticket for the home end to enter, and despite 2 very confused bouncers on the door (as we were both sporting Bristol City shirts) we managed to get in to share some good banter with the locals (which included memories of games gone by, and several recollections of Tony Butlers best OG's) and enjoyed watching the Man Utd vs Southampton game on the TV screens.

Allthough the traffic after the game was hurrendous and thus took ages to get out of Brum (It was packed) we were then recieving regular updates on the Brighton vs Plymouth game... and on hearing Brighton had made it 2-0 the celebrations in our car on the M5 were particularly enjoyable, in comparison to hearing that Plymouth had snatched one back to set up an uncomfortable last 5 minutes... but Brighton held on and did us proud!

All in all, a really good day out... And now I'm left with the 2 thoughts...

- If we beat QPR at home, win our game in hand and match their record from now until the end of the season we'll pip them to 2nd place.

- If we beat Plymouth at home, win our game in hand, and hope they drop points somewhere, while we match the rest of their record, the Division Two Championship is ours.

Optimistic... But you've gotta enjoy it.

How did you spend your Saturday without Bristol City?

Watching Sky Sports, seeing QPR go behind, score, go behind, score, go behind again, and another-Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!

Finished off watching the pasties get beat, despite a dodgy keeper in Brightons goal-QUALITY!!

Lets see getting woken up by my landlord being a pr!ck and then saying if it's going to be that loud I might as well get up and see how City are doing and log-on and see game canceled. groans at least it seems everyone else lost. Stands by prediction that Brighton and BCFC will finish in top two places.

Well as Brendon pointed out I had to suffer the trip to W.B.A with him. I know that is sounds like real punishment but the way I look at it, it's closer than Grimsby. It wasn't a bad game and with me wearing my City shirt and getting some stick off some of the locals, it turned into a good day

Got up at about 8am and hit the net straight away. Have to rely on the BBC website to get all the action.

Saw Chesterfield do the business and then went into the City ofSan Fran to a good English bar that shows all the football. Met a Brighton fan, got talking and bought him a pint. Turns out he is Fat Boy Slims manager and we are going to meet up again when City take on Brighton.

Class!!

Got in from work (07.20am) after doing a night shift set my alarm clock for 14.45hrs enough time to get ready for kick off turned on the computer read the bcfc site and cried i tried to go back and get some more sleep before my night shift but failed. :wub:

Archived