IGNORED

Mission Possible?

Percy Parrot

well today was frustrating, then I guess a little pleasing.

Defeats for the top 2 keep things interesting. Plymouth's defeat was no real surprise. Away at Brighton still makes Brighton favourites in my book- but still good.

QPR you would have expected to get a point- but away games are always hard.

The following pack slipped up too- Swindon and Barnsley only got a point, but Brighton (who are now best positioned to catch us) obviously won.

The battle is still very much on for us though- I would still rather be in Plymouth or QPR's position than ours.

And despite a bit of a gap- we are still only 3 defeats of possibly slipping out of the top 6 (maybe this is my paranoia showing- but until we're mathematically safe of that spot I refuse to accept we'll definitely get in play-offs. It can go in 10 games- just ask Rovers!)

At this stage of the season every team in the division can still finish 1st or 24th! The next 10 games need us to secure as many wins as possible. I repeat what I have said before- the last 8 are very hard games. We need to have a cushion before we enter them.

I am still slightly nervous of every team down to and including Tranmere who are in 16th (and 16 points behind).

I certainly think it's too early to be talking about records for wins in a row- we need to win 8 first!

It's too early to be talking about Plymouth- we need to catch QPR first!

We need to keep winning games and despite superb form of late cannot be complacent- we let a gap appear before that.

Every draw or loss will be a massive blow to our chances of automatic promotion- QPR and Plymouth (despite recent slips) still have a superb record I fully expect them to win most of their remaining 17 games.

Any return to our poor form (pre Christmas) and we will very quickly see ourselves dropping out of even the play-off race.

Focus on Brentford- 3 points ESSENTIAL.

Archived