IGNORED

Top Half Results

Guest Top Corner

Guest Top Corner

One of the big differences this season for me which suggests that we can finally emerge from this division again, is the results we have dug out against our fellow promotion chasing sides.

One of our failings of recent seasons has been our (lack of) results against our main rivals, the Taffs exempt of course (in the league anyway!).

Last season the results against our key rivals started to improve. This season we must have as good a record as anyone against sides in the top half. We haven't lost to anyone in the top half for a start, other than to a faltering Port Vale side. We've beaten Plymouth on their own patch, thumped Brighton at their sumptuous Withdean Staduim, grabbed a share of the spoils at Hollowhead's QPR, and seen off Barnsley and Andy (I guarantee we will beat you at our place!) King's Swindle side at AG.

As has been pointed out many times, on paper we have a tasty looking last 8 games or so, but I can't say my knees are trembling at the prospect.

There is absolutely nothing to fear in this division. As long as we continue to show the same level of commitment as we have over the last few weeks, having the best squad of players in the division should see us through, as long as complacency doesn't set in.

My money's on us and the pastie boys to grab the two automatic berths, in what order I don't particularly care. Plymouth's power and direct style of play should see them pick up enough points to join us in Div 1 next season, given their sizeable lead.

A QPR side now cured of the Shittu at the back and with 3 straight defeats at the hands of the all conquering Southend side, Bournemouth and Chesterfield, must now be fearing that their fate lies in the lottery of the play offs again!

Guest Top Corner
but now they got cureton, its going to be tight...  i reckon the pastie men will fail, leaving us and qpr in the top 2..
Not sure in Hollowhead's logic in signing Cureton.

You've got Gallen and Thorpe already. Your main centre back is ruled out for 9 months. So what do you do? You sign another goal poacher, in the same mould as two players you've already got. :wub:

On top of that, you are reportedly losing a bucket full of cash already.

Perhaps he's going convert Cureton to playing in the centre of defence, or maybe even Thorpe.... now that would be interesting.

Archived