IGNORED

Peterbrough

Guest redandwhiteforever9590

Guest redandwhiteforever9590

2 questions to ask

1. who going to peterbrough? i am planning to

2. How many do u think will go? i think 1200

Went there a few seasons ago when we lost 2-1 or summat, Murray getting our Goal. We had Auto off the Simpsons driving our coach, got lost 4 times, went around roundabouts about six times and ended up outside some connference sides ground at one point, then he decided to play this #### trance music, to cap it off it took him 1 hour to park the coach in the correct place when we go there!! Great day out.

Earlier on the forum, someone posted a poss City folowing of 2,000. Mrs 22A points out we can only give the first six a cuppa and one of those must be Jer Boon.

If driving here, you have a choice of three routes; M4, M25 and A1 (this is the longest), or M5, M6 and A14 (175 miles) or Swindon, Oxford, Northampton, P'boro', (160 miles). I always use the third as it's shortest and can be done in 3 hours by car, or 4 hours in a minibus.

Whichever route chosen, you enter P'boro' on the A1139 Fletton Parkway. All junctions have numbers (white on a black square) on a corner of the road sign. Come off at Junc 3 marked City centre and Yaxley. There is also a yellow sign stating Football Car Park. Get into the left hand lane and follow these yellow signs. They will bring you onto Oundle Road, follow the signs for the centre. About a mile along this road on your left is The Cherry Tree pub with a pay car park. You get some of this money back if you then go and buy a pint! A little further on you pass below a railway bridge. Turn sharp left immediately after this and you are in a large pay & display car park. Depending on your length of stay, this will cost £3-£5. Turn right and you are on London Road and the ground is opposite you with another pay & display car park. Oposite the ground is a KFC if you want to eat before or afterwards and also another pub frequented by visiting fans, The Peacock (omen?). There is some limited free street parking permitted, but it tends to be filled by us locals. Get here early enough and the KFC has 20 free car park slots!

The visitors end of London Road is The Moyes End and consists of covered terracing at the East end of the ground. Look forward to seeing you all.

22A thanks very much for that. Good to see away fans providing genuine support to opposition fans. Had a bloke from Hartlepool doing the same thing a while back, reccomended pubs the lot! Many followed his directions and had a great day.

Award for best away fans contribution??

- Who is in favour of supporting this???

Peterborough is a good day out unless you get played off thepark and loose 4-1 (I think that was right). I will be going as I have no ne to shout at me to say I shouldbe taking them out for dinner instead.

Guest blairhater

Good travel info 22A, and agree that swindon, oxford n northampton is best route.The M6 can be fun 4 crossword enthusiasts, but generally best left alone. Will be there to too. 3v1 city again ud be nice

Archived