IGNORED

Good Time To Be A Fan

Guest Barneyredballs

Guest Barneyredballs

No really it is, read on.....

Sport is a complete game of emotions. It is meant to be. Luck, skill, effort and some more luck.

I think that what we are 'enduring' at the moment, is what true support is all about. How many people do you know who support a club who are based 300 miles away and watch them once a season live and 10 times on telly? We don't do that, I'm happy to say that I'd watch this club in the 3rd division and lower than that if I had to. I've seen them in the first division, second and third. I've seen them beat Liverpool and lose to Barnet.

I've shouted, I've sworn, I've even cried. I've even sang 'We're running round the Wigan with my willy hanging out'!

The only way we will be able to be really satisfied with our club, is to experience times like this; when it appears the bottom has fallen out and the wheels have fallen off.

when this is over and it will finish soon; we just need to remember that we we win we should be bloody happy, when we're top of a league we should be delighted and if and when we get promoted we should really laud it. Like we all mopping about now, the reverse has got to be smiles and cheers.

Stick by it as it will come good, maybe not tomorrow; but you'll want to be around when it does.

Sport is a complete game of emotions. It is meant to be. Luck, skill, effort and some more luck.

I think that what we are 'enduring' at the moment, is what true support is all about. How many people do you know who support a club who are based 300 miles away and watch them once a season live and 10 times on telly? We don't do that, I'm happy to say that I'd watch this club in the 3rd division and lower than that if I had to. I've seen them in the first division, second and third. I've seen them beat Liverpool and lose to Barnet.

I've shouted, I've sworn, I've even cried. I've even sang 'We're running round the Wigan with my willy hanging out'!

The only way we will be able to be really satisfied with our club, is to experience times like this; when it appears the bottom has fallen out and the wheels have fallen off.

when this is over and it will finish soon; we just need to remember that we we win we should be bloody happy, when we're top of a league we should be delighted and if and when we get promoted we should really laud it. Like we all mopping about now, the reverse has got to be smiles and cheers.

Stick by it as it will come good, maybe not tomorrow; but you'll want to be around when it does.

YEAH RIGHT!! been there, seen it, done it! 20 odd years on still waiting. I've known mates who have died WAITING!!

Guest The Codfather 0312

Top quality post. I have been saying people should be suporting this club even harder in the clubs time of need but some don't seem top be able to grasp that thought. They are happy just to moan when were losing and even some moan when were winning because we scored two not three.

What I'm trying to say is people should support this club harder when were in hard times like we are at the moment.; All this slagging off and negitivity surely isn't good for the teams confidence.

If you were a player and you came on this forum and you see some of the bad things said about you on here what would you think/feel? Would you seriously play your heart out for this club with some of the things said on here?

We need to realise that are words may have a negitive affect on the team and therefor think before posting.

Guest Vodared

I disagree, this is the worst time I have ever known in 30 years. I don't even feel part of my club anymore. Good luck to the chairman, in a minute there will be no real fans left.

:angry:

• Admin

I disagree, this is the worst time I have ever known in 30 years. I don't even feel part of my club anymore. Good luck to the chairman, in a minute there will be no real fans left.

Totally agree.... all we have been clinging onto over the past decade is hang on success is only around the corner.

Granted there will hopefully be succeful days in the future, but we are falling more and more behind in every way, just look at the number of "small" clubs that have been promoted out of this league. Their is no rapport between the fans and the club the number of cock ups in the past year is amazing (new club badge, buy a brick, home shirts, new stand, polo shirts, exiles club etc) it's all very negative.

There are many fans who were around in the early 80's that is probably the biggest fear that we hit that bottom again..... the thing that concerns me most is that we are a third of the way through the season now and are not looking any nearer to getting out of this mess....... yes there is always optimism and fair play to those who are convinced this is just a blip but just remember it was not that long ago people would have said Rovers were too good to go down, Sheff Wed & Notts Forest just prove how easily things can slip.....

CITY TIL I DIE !

Guest Vodared

All I can add to that is at least in the 80's we went with afight. This time round the players would not give a ######*t. Imagine just one of the currant squad ripping up their contract !!!!

Archived