IGNORED

Doherty And Wilkshire

tompo

Guest Friday The 13th

I'm sure N. Ireland will release Doherty and I think actually it's up to Danny whether he goes or not because it isn't a competitive match.

If the situation does arise where we dont have Wilkshire nor Doherty, maybe have a midfield as shown:

Goodfellow Tinnion A. Brown

M. Brown

I went with M. Brown because I can't really see Roberts or Goodfellow supplying our strikers with much from there, they would more likely go by themselves. If this doesn't suit Danny we could jus stick Burnell there in the middle.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

Personally i think the decision should be down to the players.

I don't feel that it would be right to hold Tommy or Luke back from playing for their country if they want to.

Personally i think the decision should be down to the players.

I don't feel that it would be right to hold Tommy or Luke back from playing for their country if they want to.

Fair point, however the Northern Ireland game is a friendly. There is a chance that Tommy can get injured, and in turn not be able to play for his club. As we are up challenging for promotion, and seeing as we have a game at the same time as N.I. then it should be up to the club if they want to release Tommy or no.

I'm sure that Tommy would prefer to stay and play against Grimsby, much like Murray did last season. He decided (along with DW) that as the Scotland game was only a friendly, it would be in everyones interest if he stayed and played in the LDV game (think it may have been the area final, can't remember who it was against).

As for Wilkshire seeing as he is only currently on stand by, there is a big possibility that he will not be involved in the actual game unless somebody drops out of the squad.

It's the Club vs. Country row that a number of the bigger teams find themselves involved in. Whilst it is good that we have international players in the squad, Club duties should always come first no matter what.

After all, who pays their wages?

Guest cider gliders

We be sure we can beat Grimsby even if they

don`t play for we that night! It aint everyday

you get picked for yer country! Good luck

to um! ^_^

Archived