IGNORED

Midfield Player Needed

Bristol Boy

I posted that Chris Marsden was available from Saints about a month ago and he would seem an ideal player.

Looking at the squad, with Clist & Hulbert now departed, we only have three genuine central midfielders in Doherty, Tinnion & Wilkshire.

Aaron Brown can play in the centre and Joe Burnell is a decent defensive midfielder, but can't pass or score goals, making hime somewhat limited!

Now's the time, please don't wait until the transfer deadline in March.

I posted that Chris Marsden was available from Saints about a month ago and he would seem an ideal player.

Looking at the squad, with Clist & Hulbert now departed, we only have three genuine central midfielders in Doherty, Tinnion & Wilkshire.

Aaron Brown can play in the centre and Joe Burnell is a decent defensive midfielder, but can't pass or score goals, making hime somewhat limited!

Now's the time, please don't wait until the transfer deadline in March.

centre midfielders we have-

Tinnion

Doherty

Wilkshire

Burnell

can play there-

A.Brown

Hawkins

options for right wing-

Roberts

Goodfellow

Wilkshire

M. Brown

options for left-

A. Brown

Tinnion

Bell

defence-

Carey*

Hill

Woodman

Coles

Butler*

Fortune*

with a * by who I think isn't good enough/not ready etc.

thus- any injuries to defenders we could be in a major pickle.

Any injuries to a midfielder- we can still put out an equally strong side.

We do not need a new midfielder- if we sign anyone- make it a defender!

centre midfielders we have-

Tinnion

Doherty

Wilkshire

Burnell

can play there-

A.Brown

Hawkins

options for right wing-

Roberts

Goodfellow

Wilkshire

M. Brown

options for left-

A. Brown

Tinnion

Bell

defence-

Carey*

Hill

Woodman

Coles

Butler*

Fortune*

with a * by who I think isn't good enough/not ready etc.

thus- any injuries to defenders we could be in a major pickle.

Any injuries to a midfielder- we can still put out an equally strong side.

We do not need a new midfielder- if we sign anyone- make it a defender!

We would definitely benefit from a strong midfielder in the Doherty/ Burnell mould who could score goals. Despite their good points, this failing alone leaves us 10 vital goals to make up elsewhere on the pitch.

Roberts is definitely NOT a right winger, he's never said he was and he never will be. Might as well play Peacock there.

Defence is strong with Bell to add to the 6 you've named.

Goals against says the defence is strong enough, goals for says we need more in midfield.

Move over Doherty, Brown and Burnell. You've all been there for years and you hardly ever score.

As Danny has gone on record as saying he's looking for an experienced midfielder, we can presume (or can we?) that's where he's looking.

Marsden did go to Korea. He might have been a useful signing a couple of years ago .. when he was holding down a regualr place in the Premiership, but now, as he's a few months older than Bian Tinnion I'm not sure we need quite that much experience..

We would definitely benefit from a strong midfielder in the Doherty/ Burnell mould who could score goals. Despite their good points, this failing alone leaves us 10 vital goals to make up elsewhere on the pitch.

Roberts is definitely NOT a right winger, he's never said he was and he never will be. Might as well play Peacock there.

Defence is strong with Bell to add to the 6 you've named.

Goals against says the defence is strong enough, goals for says we need more in midfield.

Move over Doherty, Brown and Burnell. You've all been there for years and you hardly ever score.

But you can't expect to have players that can do EVERYTHING in division 2.

With the backplayers we could 'do with' Hill being 8ft tall, Butler being able to do the 100m in 10 seconds and Carey able to leap like a gazelle...but it don't work that way!

Goals against tell us the the defence is good enough when we have a fully fit backline. At no time this season has more than one defender been out injured (that I can remember). They also benefitted, for a while, from an ultra defensive midflield.

I'm not saying Roberts is a winger but when he played there he did well. To have a player who is probably our THIRD choice right winger that good is a total luxury.

I apologise for missing Bell off the list of defenders- but a) he can't play centre back and B) he's one of the players with a * by their names.

Guest Yeovil_Shmovil

I think you've now got enough quality to get promoted. However looking into the future i think your going to struggle as division one oozes quality, well drilled teams at the present.

Further to the above, can someone please tell me what happened to imon Clist, where has he gone, when, Free I presume etc.

Thanks, must have missed this when on hols then moving house last month.

Barnet - I think there was a small fee

To be honest when everyone/majority is available we have more than enough competition for midfield. I'd be more inclined to buy a defender, where if a few injuries happen, we'd be stuck for quality replacements. If danny can do a deal similar to the one he did with Tony Butler, it would be beneficial (preferably a left back of 1st division standard).

Archived