IGNORED

Record!

Guest Red_Duncs

Guest Red_Duncs

we all know the record number of wins city have had but what is the current number of losses city have ever had in a row ?

and what is the record in England?

Don't know if its a record but Sunderland went something like 10 or 11 games in the old first Division without scoring during City's first season there. Sunderland's barren record was broken finally.... at home to City.

After that they went mad and beat West Brom 6-1, West Ham 6-1 and someone else 4-0. They still went down.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Sunderland almost made it a new record from the end of last season into this season, but managed to escape the dubious honour, much to the relief of Darwin football club, who didn't want to lose their claim to fame

Most City losses in a row, not sure of the past. Some of our relegation years may well have had a long run of consecutive defeats.

I've said before, the 1984 promo team actually lost six on the trot! 'll go through the record book later and see what I can find.

Don't know if its a record but Sunderland went something like 10 or 11 games in the old first Division without scoring during City's first season there.  Sunderland's barren record was broken finally.... at home to City.

After that they went mad and beat West Brom 6-1, West Ham 6-1 and someone else 4-0.  They still went down.

They sure did. And 27 years on, a Mackem acquaintance of mine still bitterly blames us & Cov for the 'unfortunate' delayed kick off at Highfield Road that helped send them down!

Yeah... what happened was that at 2-2 Jimmy Hill heard Everton were beating Sunderland 2-0 and stormed into the scoreboard operator room, (and I quote a newspaper report here from the time) "like a demented moose" and ordered the operator to put the score up.

Archived