IGNORED

Tinnion Has 500 City Caps

Br 1st ol

First match for me was in 1982.

In 21 1/2 years as a supporter:

Home and away for 8 years = approx 350 games

10 games a year since 1990 = approx 130 games.

TOTAL approx 480 games.

How does that compare with the rest of the forum? (and dont big it up, be honest!)

96/97 to now - just gone over the ton. And that's including the last 4 years that I've been exiled to the Midlands.

:P to Saab driver!

Then again, there's been a good 300 league games since 96/97. If include ALL games (including non-City games) that I've seen it must be nearer 150. ^_^

Guest redrobin108

Christ knows, but since the early 80's have been watching the city home & away.

Watching us against such teams as York at home winning 1-0 in the earlier 80's in a top of division 4 clash to the 90's and beating Liverpool 1-0 in the FA Cup to the 2003 LDV final and beating carlisle 2-0.

Guest cider gliders

Ruddy Hell! We have been followin` the city since

the 50s, God knows how many games we have

seen since then! Must be 1,000s!

Drank a lot of cider since then too! ^_^

UP THE CITY! :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

I'm in the christ knows category.

I'm 33 now and have had a season ticket (missing about 3 games in total) in last 3 seasons. Before that I was a member for a couple of years probably attending 75% of games.

Prior to that was my playing on a Saturday or couldn't be arsed years so it was probably no more than a few games a season.

Prior to that, 15 and backwards; my memory cannot cope with. Apparently from 5 until 10ish I went to ever home game with my uncle.

The upshot is probably more than Tins, certainly less that Robbored.

First match for me was in 1982.

In 21 1/2 years as a supporter:

Home and away for 8 years = approx 350 games

10 games a year since 1990 = approx 130 games.

TOTAL approx 480 games.

How does that compare with the rest of the forum? (and dont big it up, be honest!)

blimey :D i lost count, i've been to many a game

and sank many a pint of cider, that's mabe why i can't

remember :P

The first game I remember was versus Middlesborough some time in the 60's my old man had been making the trek from deepest Surrey since 1952 to where he moved after marrying my mum, (no M4 in those days) and I was the new generation the match was memorable as I had to sit in the car with my brother during the game and never went in.

The first match I can clearly remember was against Notts Forrest John Galley was centre forward and Mike Gibson in goal....Since then I have managed an average 25 games a season so I must be getting up near the thousand now.....not bad for someone whose never lived in Bristol.....and has travelled consistently 110 miles for home games.....the missing city fans the chairman refers too have always not been there in my experience (cup ties excepted) but lets hope for 12000 saturday......

Mmmm.. I've usually got a pretty good memory and if my memory serves me right on this occasion a certain poster on this thread once stated he had supported City for decades but there was a long period (10 years+) when he played local football on Saturdays and rarely got to games apart from midweek.

Either i dreamt it or this poster must be a pensioner to have made the "appearances "stated, having commenced his support after retiring in his 30's.

Of course my own memory may be playing tricks on me, so he shall remain nameless, unless of course this rings a bell with anyone else? The poster himself perhaps? :(

All the best, Nogbad. 34 years support, all 4 divs. unbroken apart from 2-3 years very sporadic appearances due to arrival of sprogs coinciding with Osman. Ex. Sunday League footballer, certainly wouldn't have played Sats., you CAN have your cake and eat it. :D

Archived