IGNORED

Brown To Wigan?

Bristol Boy

Wigan boss Paul Jewell has said he intends to add a left sided pacy midfielder to his squad.

Now, on the basis that

AB's out of Contract at the end of the season

Left Sided

Pacy

Has attracted a bid from a Div One Club before

Is young

We need the money

and, we've signed a player in Goodfellow who's obviously left sided.............

Over to you

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Well that would be good news, I'd take money for him right now. He's had far to long to prove himself and the fact is he hasn't, far to inconsistant and the Colchester game finished me off.

A good player on his day, but unfortunately he hasn't have "his day" very often. I don't see how Wigan would be interested, mainly due to the fact that he is extremely inconsistant.

I expect he'll get a new contract at the end of the season though.

Guest twaters

I'm obviously well out numbered, but if he goes I'm sure he will prove all you doubters wrong, and probably come back to kick us in the teeth.

If he stays with the fans on his back i dont know if he will ever fullfill his potential, please stop knocking the lad and pick on someone else for a change. We nearly pushed tinnion out the door with the baracking he used to get, now look at him, he is a god!

Aaron Brown isnt all that bad.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

You're right Aaron Brown isn't all that bad, that's the frustraighting thing. But we can't carry someone "because they're young" "They have potential" - He's had all the time and chances he deserves to show what he's capable of.

Guest twaters

These last two seasons he hasnt been that good, but remember that season when he was burning past players for fun, and we recieved a 800k offer from WBA i believe. Well i am confident he can reclaim that kind of form.

personally i think he is having a fair season, afterall he has scored more goals this season than his previous campaigns, and a few were quite important ones too. I hope we keep hold of him as i foresee him becomming very valuable.

I will admit i am one of those fans who doesnt really critisise many players, infact if ever. And when i make them on PES3 i give them fairly high ratings, but i met Brown in a club and he chatted to me and was a top bloke, i just hope he doesnt see the sort of posts above, because that kinda stuff can really knock your confidence and he isnt exactly mr big head.

ps i havent really answered your post, You are kinda right, we cant carry someone in hope of fulfilling there potential, so i guess my arguement is if we are carrying him then its hasnt exactly been that bad has it, seven wins on the trot. Also his goals came in the period when we were not playing all that well, thats the sign of a good player, scoring when the team isnt playing well.

Guest Topbuzz

Why is weve always gotta knock someone for god sake Aaron has been in the team throughout our 7 win run ..Hes a quality player a bristol lad LEAVE HIM ALONE hes becoming a modern day david rennie in terms of stick

I just hope he doesnt see the sort of posts above, because that kinda stuff can really knock your confidence and he isnt exactly mr big head.

So are you saying that we should be carefull about what we say about players in case we knock their confidence and because there're nice blokes?

Maybe you should phone Geoff Twentyman on friday and ask him to tell his callers not to slate the players.

Critism can have a positive,motivating effect on some people but Brown has had so much critism over several seasons that it obviously doesn't apply in his case.

Why is weve always gotta knock someone for god sake Aaron has been in the team throughout our 7 win run ..Hes a quality player a bristol lad LEAVE HIM ALONE hes becoming a modern day david rennie in terms of stick

the point about Aaron is he will play 2 or 3 good games then will go 5 or 6

where he just goes missing in a game and that is my only problem with him.

yes when he is on form he is a skillful player but we need it 100% of the time

not 50% he is just too inconsistant, if he proves me wrong then fair play..

oh and when someone shouts out to him from the crowd ''come on aaron pull your

socks up'' and he shouts back ###### off.. can you blame some fans feelings towards

him, no one likes being told to pull your socks up but he should be professional

about it...

Guest twaters

Critism can have a positive,motivating effect on some people but Brown has had so much critism over several seasons that it obviously doesn't apply in his case.

Hence what is the point of continuous criticism, especially after seven wins on the trot?

Guest twaters

oh and when someone shouts out to him from the crowd ''come on aaron pull your

socks up'' and he shouts back ###### off.. can you blame some fans feelings towards

him, no one likes being told to pull your socks up but he should be professional

about it...

Totally agree he shouldnt have said that, I'm suprised it hasnt got more media coverage. However obviously somthing is getting to him for him to be so on edge he has replied like that.

I hope it doesnt get to the ian baird situation, was it him who stuck his finger up to us in the Atyeo? Against Chelsea?

yes he did but ian baird was a lot worse than aaron brown as a footballer,

i think brown won't get that kind of stick as not that many seen it and

was heat of the moment as in contrast to baird who meant it , got stick

all game but to be fair he was not a very good player... to get stick

like that from your fans mabe is not deserved but nor' is getting the finger

from professionals. ^_^

perhaps if aaron spent more time practicing his crossing, shooting, passing and pace than swearing at the OAPs in the Williams then perhaps he will imrove his game!
That is where the problem lies.

By all accounts he is deadly on the training ground.

These last two seasons he hasnt been that good, but remember that season when he was burning past players for fun, and we recieved a 800k offer from WBA i believe. Well i am confident he can reclaim that kind of form.

The offer from WBA was closer to £200k with some daft add ons like England Caps & Goals from a bloke that gets 20% of those he should.

Guest thetruecitytillidiefan

Aaron Brown off to WIGAN!!!!!

Do Wigan want to stay in Division 1 or not. :D

Aaron Brown performance this season has been abismal ^_^

The only club he'll be going to is

Barnet! :D

I seriously can't believe that so many people would be glad to see Aaron leave!!

Anyway, you can probably count Wigan off your list of places to send him, they are about to sign Alan Mahon from Blackburn!!

How about we try getting behind ALL THE LADS FOR ONCE!!

Archived