IGNORED

Nogbad, Someone, Anyone... Help!

Antman

I need to hear a voice of reason

I need to know that out there in cyberland there are fans of our dear club who don't agree with the sort of pointless garbage being posted under the guise of

'constructive critisism'

I refer m'lud to the 'Brown to Wigan' thread below.

It starts with very constructive views of how Brown should go to Wigan and all that, it progresses to offers to drive him there and although Twater (god bless you guvner) puts up a fight the general swelling blob of seething resentment spills over and stains the carpet.

I'm sorry, did I fall asleep and during the time I was snoozing, Aaron grew a new scaly red skin with little horns and a pointy tail?

There certainly seems to be some wierd pathalogical hatred going on.

You can (and do) argue that he is 'inconsistent' but do you think that DW can't see that? do you honestly think he is playing a player so poor that 'fans' will be glad to see the back of him, and thinking 'what the hell, he's rubbish, but I'll play him anyhow'?

He is without doubt a frustrating player, as when he hurtles down the wing and bangs in a brilliant cross, or slams in a shot, he is the best!, but he does go quiet and we are frustrated by that, but surely not to the point of such vitriol.

The business about him shouting at the crowd is an example of the sort of pointless, teenage, mindless garbage that pollutes too much of this board.

This may sound high handed and pompous ( I'm good at pompous, this is mild, just wait a bit, I'll go for super-pompous) but you know what I don't care.

Shut up, and leave the boy alone.

at 24 he's not yet reached his peak and will doubtless develop further.

and I for one hope we sign him up again. (sadly Marvin will probably go elsewhere, which is a shame really.)

But lets slag him off some more, as our left sided players (tinman aged 360, Bell aged 31/2?) can easily fill the breach, and before you all say it, yes I know, '..Goodfellow is left footed, so why don't we ritually slaughter Aaron and dance on his entrails and play Goodfellow on the left and Robbo (the picture of consistency) on the right and all will be well with the world and cats and dogs will live together...yadda yadda'

(hows the pomposity meter?)

To be honest some of you should know better.

and now I'll hand over to the defence M'Lud..

constructive critisism means being able to slag our players though...if they can't take the pain and abuse from the crowd they shouldn't be there...we pay our money, we have the right to level volleys of hatred at our own players...etcetcetcetcetc

groan.

^_^

I agree with you completely; Aaron is getting overly slated in this instance.

Yes he is inconsistent and frustrating, however, he does show some real quality at times; it has gone over the top in that thread.

That said, surely comments like Robbo (the picture of consistency) will lead some people to join a criticism that can all too easily get out of control.

I need to hear a voice of reason

I need to know that out there in cyberland there are fans of our dear club who don't agree with the sort of pointless garbage being posted under the guise of

'constructive critisism'

I refer m'lud to the 'Brown to Wigan' thread below.

It starts with very constructive views of how Brown should go to Wigan and all that, it progresses to offers to drive him there and although Twater (god bless you guvner) puts up a fight the general swelling blob of seething resentment spills over and stains the carpet.

I'm sorry, did I fall asleep and during the time I was snoozing, Aaron grew a new scaly red skin with little horns and a pointy tail?

There certainly seems to be some wierd pathalogical hatred going on.

You can (and do) argue that he is 'inconsistent' but do you think that DW can't see that? do you honestly think he is playing a player so poor that 'fans' will be glad to see the back of him, and thinking 'what the hell, he's rubbish, but I'll play him anyhow'?

He is without doubt a frustrating player, as when he hurtles down the wing and bangs in a brilliant cross, or slams in a shot, he is the best!, but he does go quiet and we are frustrated by that, but surely not to the point of such vitriol.

The business about him shouting at the crowd is an example of the sort of pointless, teenage, mindless garbage that pollutes too much of this board.

This may sound high handed and pompous ( I'm good at pompous, this is mild, just wait a bit, I'll go for super-pompous) but you know what I don't care.

Shut up, and leave the boy alone.

at 24 he's not yet reached his peak and will doubtless develop further.

and I for one hope we sign him up again. (sadly Marvin will probably go elsewhere, which is a shame really.)

But lets slag him off some more, as our left sided players (tinman aged 360, Bell aged 31/2?) can easily fill the breach, and before you all say it, yes I know, '..Goodfellow is left footed, so why don't we ritually slaughter Aaron and dance on his entrails and play Goodfellow on the left and Robbo (the picture of consistency) on the right and all will be well with the world and cats and dogs will live together...yadda yadda'

(hows the pomposity meter?)

To be honest some of you should know better.

and now I'll hand over to the defence M'Lud..

constructive critisism means being able to slag our players though...if they can't take the pain and abuse from the crowd they shouldn't be there...we pay our money, we have the right to level volleys of hatred at our own players...etcetcetcetcetc

groan.

:D

ok we'll leave the lad to swear at his fans, and do his can't be

arsed routine in games thus picking up lots of money

a week in the process, what do i care i only help

buy buying club merchandise and paying money to see games

to give him the privilege to do so amongst many others

paying his wages...

yeah the lad may be a good person and at times a good player

but there are alot of times he just don't play well, i thought this

forum was to talk about our players, club etc seems i was wrong ^_^

toung and cheek remarks like drive him up to wigan should be taken

as fun :D

I agree with you completely; Aaron is getting overly slated in this instance.

Yes he is inconsistent and frustrating, however, he does show some real quality at times; it has gone over the top in that thread.

That said, surely comments like Robbo (the picture of consistency) will lead some people to join a criticism that can all too easily get out of control

No, you're right. I fell into a bear trap of my own making.

I wanted to illustrate that players like Robbo and Lita enjoy a strange saintly existence in comparison, but perhaps could be accused of failing the exact same 'consistency test' that Brown is being hung out to dry for.

as for TomF - why is it 'now or never'? does that apply for all indifferent performances from other players?

(are you E3 or UWE by the way?)

He's inconsistent, but not to the point where we should ditch him.

thank you.

DOWN WITH MISERABILISM!!!!

^_^

I wanted to illustrate that players like Robbo and Lita enjoy a strange saintly existence in comparison, but perhaps could be accused of failing the exact same 'consistency test' that Brown is being hung out to dry for.

I think the difference is that Aaron starts every game, regardless of his inconsistency and that causes people to speak out.

If Roberts and Lita were starting every game and were considered inconsistent too, then I'm sure they would be on the wrong end of the same sort of criticism as Aaron receives. Indeed, Christian was slated by a lot of people last season when he was starting the majority of games, despite being our highest scoring striker.

Maybe it's the fact that Aaron is perceived as one of Danny's favourites, who gets picked regardless of form, that leads people to speak out about him more than most other players.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"If Roberts and Lita were starting every game and were considered inconsistent too, "

Roberts always gets stick when he starts, same way Joe Burnell does as have Bell, Butler, Philips and Peacock this season

I suppose if Robbo were given another, sustained run in the side it would be fairer to judge him. Certainly his goals last year came from a prolonged run, but based on those games he certainly didn't deliver week in week out.

One other point though, why do you think Wigan or WBA would want him if he were so poor? (accepted that the wigan thing being nothing more than a rumour)

if he were pursued by, say, Yeovil or Telford then the quality thing is a point.

Do you think he's a Wilson favorite?

interesting idea, it's never struck me that he has his favorites (apart from the Maestro. who he needs really!)

'ere TomF, top floor eh? I thought that was Fergusons private pad/apartment!

^_^

Archived