IGNORED

Team V Doncaster

Bristol Boy

Partridge must have some dead leg, because he's out again-that's a fortnight!

Brown is injured so that's two of the four town boys missing and only Brooker seems sure to start.

Golbournes still injured.

So, in time honoured tradition, here's my team, followed by what I think GJ will do.

3-5-2

...............................................................PHILLIPS.............................................................................

......................................SANKOFA...........HEYWOOD............JOSEPH......................................................

CAREY............................NOBLE...............RUSSELL..............WILKSHIRE.........................YOUGA...............

......................................BROOKER......................STEWART...................................................................

SUBS

MURRAY

SAVAGE

SMITH G

SKUSE

COTTERILL

On balance, Carey just gets the nod over J.Smith at RWB, although I appreciate neither has much attacking prowess, they can both tackle which is what we've been lacking.Carey is taller, decent from a defensive & positional sense and better in the air.

Joseph & Heywood man mark and go for the first ball, Sankofa's pace covers the flick ons and "locks the door behind them!

Russell pulls the strings in midfield and it's fairly attack minded.Up front, we try to provide some service to Brooker & Stewart and Savage is an option if Brooker's injured or we're chasing the game.I just hope we play some football and don't just bang it forward if he plays....although we did that when Stewart & Cotterill were up front :(

GJ's 4-4-2

..............................................................BASSO...................................................................................

SANKOFA.............................JOSEPH...........................HEYWOOD.....................................YOUGA.............

MURRAY...............................NOBLE............................RUSSELL................................WILKSHIRE.............

...........................................BROOKER.......................STEWART.............................................................

SUBS

PHILLIPS

SAVAGE

COTTERILL

ORR

CAREY

We could see Carey at RB and Sankofa on the bench or in the middle, where his pace would help out Heywood and stop him getting exposed like he was against Chesterfield.

Unless Noble's the wide left player we've been waiting for, particularly with the out of form Brown, now injured, we could see LW moved back to the left which doesn't suit him away from home in a four or he could, foolishly in my view, persist with either Murray or Cotterill wide left.

Youga has to play left back because there's no one else.

I expect Noble to start ,Savage to be on the bench and Skuse to be dropped.

Partridge is out with a dead leg? I guess Brown must be suffering from a Chinese burn :whistle:

Judging from what's on the main site, and who played in mid week vs Skonto Riga, I think this will be the team:

Basso

J. Smith Heywood Joseph Youga

Wilkshire Russell Noble G. Smith

Stewart Brooker

Archived