IGNORED

Lansdown On The Academy

Guest maccer1

Guest maccer1

Before some of you get on your high horses and yawn, listen to what the Chairman had to say about the academy.

Quote" I believe in youth development, but I do feel the academy system is too bureaucratic. There are too many rules and regulations"

and Quote

" Ours has not yet developed strong enough players for us to be successful as a club. That, in the end, is the true gauge of its value to us"

Hense why we are in a relegation battle. Even the chairman is questioning the academy.

So come on mozo lets have some sarcastic comments now.

I told you so comes to mind.

The academy is killing this club.

Before some of you get on your high horses and yawn, listen to what the Chairman had to say about the academy.

Quote" I believe in youth development, but I do feel the academy system is too bureaucratic. There are too many rules and regulations"

and Quote

" Ours has not yet developed strong enough players for us to be successful as a club. That, in the end, is the true gauge of its value to us"

Hense why we are in a relegation battle. Even the chairman is questioning the academy.

Yes all the most of the players that came through the acadamy aren't hear are they though!

would we be bottom if Coles, hill. Lita, Docherty, and anyinsa were here? I don't think so

STop selling the players that come through then maybe we wouldn't be in this position!!! Also note those 5 players are in the CHAMPIONSHIP!

Guest purple_monkey_dishwasher

Exactly, what good are those expensively groomed academy players to us if they aren't with us now ?????!!!!!!!

Exactly, which is why the first team set up needs to sort itself out so the good Academy graduates will want to stay with us!

Yes all the most of the players that came through the acadamy aren't hear are they though!

would we be bottom if Coles, hill. Lita, Docherty, and anyinsa were here? I don't think so

STop selling the players that come through then maybe we wouldn't be in this position!!! Also note those 5 players are in the CHAMPIONSHIP!

And what is the point of having a keyboard if you don't know where the characters are?

and Quote

I believe SteveL did also point out that another way to measure the success of the academy was the value of the sales, and that with the likes of Lita etc this did show it to be worthwhile. And he didn't come to the same conclusion as you, it seemed more like the jury being out than the academy killing the club. Personally, I think it's one of the things that has given this club a sense of identity and knowing where it's been going for the past few years, and whihc differentiates us from other sides at our level. In my view players of the calibre of Lita are more realistically going to come from an academy set-up than any other route. Especially if our scouting system is as non-existant as it appears to be at the moment. When and how did that happen, by the way? Had no idea the scouting set-up was so poor.

Archived