IGNORED

The Clubs Marketing Plan

Br 1st ol

Following on fron SL news release and edsons thread:

If the club want more fans, why not ask the fans to help.

I would strongly recommend that the club hosts a marketing strategy meeting with the commercial department, the board etc....and any interested fans.

I know that on this forum alone we have a number of marketing/pr/copywriting/creative types who would probably be willing to contribute with their professional expertise...

A plan may exist already, but there can be no harm in reviewing/updating/altering the plan....

I run a full service marketing agency and can vounteer our time for a contribution....

There must be a 'real creative think tank' that the club could utilise....

Any other marketing types willing to volunteer their expertise?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The trick is to make the ticket prices justifiable, make the day seem like an event - Where have the fireworks gone? The small things that make the pre match build up worth while like that go along way.

The club could do ALOT more in the community to raise its profile, but I doubt many players would be interested in doing so. Not if it took up too much time anyways.

Guest Congresbury_Red

Me, me, me

I work in marketing and would be delighted to help.

This is an area I have been banging on about for a while. Surely a database containing the details from thousands of floating fans could be put to more use. A bit of creativity can really make a difference, and shouldn't cost too much.

With regards pre-match entertainment, after the Wolves "incident" it is unlikely that fireworks will be used at football grounds for a while. Bring back Sam Mason is what I say (said with tongue firmly in cheek).

Guest Friday The 13th

I think you will find he is talking about the 'incident' that happened earlier on this season at Molineux where a female fan was hit by a firework.

Guest TimmerD

I too would be more than willing to help - have worked in sports marketing for the past 8 years, and would be happy to assist in any way possible.

Guest Friday The 13th

oops, my mistake, sorry! But I agree it can't surely be that difficult to organise a penalty shoot out at half time! There are roughly 11,000 football fans in the ground and it only takes a few to have a few shots past the City mascot or Stowell.I would be more than up for taking a few pens during half time.

The nearest we have come to entertainment, bar the tenner a few weeks back, was having the disabled or young kids 5 a side games, once again surely there can't be any barriers stopping these 10 min bits of fun being played out during half time!?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"with regards pre-match entertainment, after the Wolves "incident" it is unlikely that fireworks will be used at football grounds for a while."

Something else the Health and Safety top fella will surely ban I'm sure - It amazes me we can raise bus prices so more kids will have to walk along busy roads to school, but deem fireworks too dangerous to be properly used in a sporting arena.

Yep, I'm a reasonably senior marketing type person, agency and client side. Not adverse to a bit of creative thinking and business case building.

The last time I formally wrote and offered my assistance was when Mr Davidson was in charge, so probably about time I threw my hat back in to the ring.

Would caution against having too many committees and panels of "experts" though. If it were a specific topic for discussion at the fan's forum or supporters club, then maybe we could all feed in to those representatives first?

Archived