IGNORED

Your Claim To The Players?

Guest Bawno

Junior Bent was my Uncles best man.

My Dad is v.good friends with Matt Hills father.

Tommy Doherty used to train with my Dads footy team on the Downs.

Thats about it really. Mainly connections through my Dad. Do any of you know City players very well?

I used to work in a pub Tinman freqents with his girlfriend.

He is honestly a nice bloke.I started chatting footy with him then apologised because after all it was his 'free-time'.He said it was no problem and started asking me questions about my passion for the game.

Top bloke all round

I lived opposite and went to Junior School with Geoff Merrick.

I went to senior school with Keith Fear and played for Bristol Boys with Keith Fear and Ray Cashley (I was the goal keeper).

My Mum worked in a dry cleaners and amongst her customers were Gerry Gow and Tom Ritchie.

I used to play football on Gores Marsh with amongst others Chris Garland, Geoff Merrick and Kelvin Doherty (Tommy's dad).

Guest Topbuzz

I used to run a newsagent in bedminster and Gary Owers and Mark Shail used to be regulars top bloke that Shail .

And this is 2 be proud of used 2 go 2 school with joe burnell good lad Joe

I know matty hewlett quite well and were close friends with 2 city lads that never really made it Paul Milsom and Matt Hale

I Used to go out with Tommy D's Sister and i see his brother regualry

My dad was a friend of Scott Murray who came up my house before calling me a gas ###### and telling me who to buy on CM

My Dad also knew a few other players, including Mark Shail who i was in a pub with Pre Season a few years back about 2 in the morning and he said he would get me a present mucking about as i was up cliftpn training the next day and he did come over and give me it.

Guest BridgyRed

My friends friends half brother delivers milk to a bloke who works with the mother of Darren Hawkins best friends younger sisters cousin.

Well, I claim "the most tentative" prize. My niece's ex-childminder's daughter used to go out with Aaron Brown. He came to my sister's wedding...about 7 years ago. We spoke briefly.

Sadly, my niece thinks that this link gives her the right to claim that Aaron is the best player in the world. She's young, she'll learn!

Scooter Red

Guest eviltaxman

My dad used to be a milkman and delivered the moo juice to Donnie Gillies in the late 70's. If I remember right, he lived on the main road (not literally) between St George & Kingswood.

My missus went to school with Brian Drysdales daughter... and he still lives 2 streets away. Often see him out jogging around sunny Stockwood.

Guest eviltaxman
Evil taxman-Isnt the harvesters pub in stockwood run by a ex city player Adrian something

Yeah, I believe so. Don't drink there very often... too far to stagger :P

Guest eviltaxman
Ah i often see B Drysdale after school on the bus stop where he heres his apprieciation heard by me and my mates

You can usually see him on an evening charging around the area. When you see him, does he still wear a Swindle Town sweatshirt?

Yeh Kevin Amankwah comes into my work almost every week (with a different bird!), as does Marvin and his brother. Also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Doc who was trying very well to discover his idendity with a hat and sun glasses but he stands out anywhere! Clive Woodward, Ollie Barkley and Mike Catt are also regulars.

Archived