IGNORED

Got We Deserved In The End.

Robbored

Although Brentford played well for a team down the bottom it would have been an injustice if City hadn't come away with all the points.

Brentford should have been dead and buried before half-time with all the chances City had but couldn't convert,but as if often the case when your only one down you always have chance of nicking a goal......... :D

That said even when Brentford equalised late on I fancied City to get the winner and it was well desreved when they did followed by the late third.

It was something of a suprise when Fortune came on but he had a big influence on the second goal with his ball back into the mix. Who says Wilson makes dodgy substitutions??... :P

The only dodgy thing about the substitutions was the late arrival - I thought Goodfellow - a misnomer if ever I heard one - should not have made it to half time and Wilkshire seemed to be still on the plane coming back for most of the game. What with the years rapidly overhauling Tins it meant Miller and Peacock coming back to our pen box to get the ball with the midfield so awful.

Usually have a dig at Brown A. but must admit today he looked much sharper and a couple of times he and Woody looked like they were playing for the same team - magic!

Good to see Miller back on the scoresheet and we just about pulled it around when we should have been cruising - still another 3 points is what matters.

Not to mention Roberts setting up Lita for the third!

Well done Danny  :(

On the subject of Roberts, if the guy in the E Block of The Atyeo (about 4 or 5 seats in of Row L) is on the forum, shouting "Come on Roberts you ######ing lazy welsh ##**" as soon as he comes on, doesn't make you big it just shows everybody else what a prat you are.

The same bloke was also persistantly slagging off Woodman throughout the first half. Call yourself a supporter!!?

:D

I'd almost forgotten what it was like to concede a goal at Ashton Gate.

I suppose it was ineviatable that it should come from a set piece. Phillips appeared to be rooted to his line as the Brentford player ghosted in.

It looked as though it was a dubious decision to award the free kick in the first place.

I didn't think that the Brentford player who kept picking up the physio's bag when Matty Hill was receiving treatment was very sporting. He couldn't wait to get Hill off the pitch to take the free kick.

Not a vintage performance today but can't argue with 3 points. Its performances like that which will get promotion. Two more late goals speak volumes for the fitness of the team and their confidence.

Don't forget they had 12 players - the linesman was the worst I've ever seen....

And those who booed Aaron when his name was read out in the team role call should be ashamed.. mind you man of the match? Sheesh.

Good to see Miller scoring - but he looked awfully slow today - or is it just me?

I was sat more or less in line with most of the offsides and have to say that he got it right 90% of the time. It's a thankless job.
Are you related to him? .. :D

You the linesman must have been the only ones who thought he got it right!

In fact, Having seen Lita's goal on the TV - he was offside when he recieved the ball from Roberts.That was just one of several mistakes he made.

You need to read a book called "The Laws Of The Game" Robbo. While everyone around me was hurling abuse at the poor guy, who is NOT related to me, I was just wishing that Peacock and Roberts (mainly) would read the game a bit better and not drift offside so often. That said, the lino was getting flustered with all the abuse, and IF Lita was offside he probably thought it wise to keep his flag down for a quiet life. Too many people don't fully understand the offside rule. Sorry, but that is a fact.

Guest cider gliders

Yes, it would have been an injustice if we ad never

won that today, we played really well for 75%

of the game! Our man of the match was ole

Aaron Brown who ad a great game, and yes, it

was a ruddy disgrace they morons who booed

when his name was mention at the start!

Great result an a great day yet again in the

East End! Were not ole Burbury in thur you know!

We spotted a lot of East End old boys from the 70s

in thur today! Well done to the team and the East

End boys! Were Comin` for you Plymouth!

UP THE CITY! :D

redsince1970 is quite correct - the posters who criticise the referees assistant either do not understand the rulles of the game or more likely do not watch the game but are more engrossed in following some dork standing up leading inane chants.

To those of a sensible disposition, my apologies having just returned from an excellent meal and six bottles of wine so my typing might not be as perfect as usual. :D

To those of a sensible disposition, my apologies having just returned from an excellent meal and six bottles of wine so my typing might not be as perfect as usual. :(
I'm amazed that you can type at all after 6 bottles of wine - unless it was Lambrusco of course.... :D

• Admin
redsince1970 is quite correct - the posters who criticise the referees assistant either do not understand the rulles of the game or more likely do not watch the game but are more engrossed in following some dork standing up leading inane chants.

To those of a sensible disposition, my apologies having just returned from an excellent meal and six bottles of wine so my typing might not be as perfect as usual. :D

Not sure where you sit Teepee, but from my vantage point (Dolman A block) the linesman (sorry, Referee's assistant) got at least 4 or 5 offside calls wrong, two of which were just plain wrong and a couple which didn't seem to 'favour the attacker', twice he flagged offside for a player who was on the opposite side of the pitch to the player receiving the ball - interfering with play? I think not.

Not sure where you sit Teepee, but from my vantage point (Dolman A block) the linesman (sorry, Referee's assistant) got at least 4 or 5 offside calls wrong, two of which were just plain wrong and a couple which didn't seem to 'favour the attacker', twice he flagged offside for a player who was on the opposite side of the pitch to the player receiving the ball - interfering with play? I think not.
You saw them exactly as did Schutzy from Upper Williams B right in line with three in a row where he did for us.

We are right to be concerned because our team is structured to hit on the break late in games and if we get many more linos like him this season there could be a time when it really hurts.

Guest graham b

I always thought I knew the offside rule - till yesterday.

As you say Chris there were a number that were wrong/questionable.

One in particular was totally mystifying. We had the ball with Aaron on the left. He tried to play through Peacock who was coming back from an offside position but was acknowledging the fact in his normal hand in air fashion. The ball was cut out but rebounded to Wilkshire. He took a touch and then spread the ball out to the right where two City players were unmarked but clearly onside. By the time the ball was played right Peacock had got back to an onside position.

Up goes the flag. Free kick taken for Peacocks offside.

He had clearly indicated that he was not participating. The ball had never crossed the defenders last line and he was well onside by the time the ball was played right.

If in the eyes of the referees assistant Peacock was interferring then he surely should have flagged when Aaron played the initial throughball. If he did not see it that way then how is Peacock suddenly interfering and offside when he is fifty yards from the ball and in an onside positon.

I look forward to any enlightenment that can be given by those with a greater understanding.

City have a knack of scoring goals late on....and me and my mates were discussing this on the way to Bristol.

We knew it......don't think our manager did though.

Archived