IGNORED

Rename The East End ?

Guest Red_Duncs

Guest Red_Duncs

god did you see them all kitted out in the fake burberry , not taking a blind notice of the game just there to wind up the away fans or have a little mess about fight with there mates ! thats where most of the trouble come from !!

next dont let them in if there wearing burberry :D

Guest Ricky BCFC

I was in the Ateyo and could deffinately see that there were a few by the fence who obviously had no intention of watching the game.

Guest Mr Scroobs

Well it's actually the East End, the Wedlock Stand is something they've decided on - but for me the East End will always be the East End, and yes we want it back in being there and in name.

Roll on Peterborough :P

City Old Style.....

Its actually the Wedlock Stand. In tribute to our most capped english player.
Wrong! using example linesman are called referees assistants?

It is the EAST END/COVERED END always has been, always will be. Just beacause 'they' decide to recognise a legend of the past and rename a stand it don't make it right. I think that's insulting. OK the East End is a great stand, but surely stands should only be renamed when they are new/rebuilt? Billy Wedlock deserves better than have some old shed named after him!

I know its called the East End.. infact to be honest.. I've always know it as the Covered End,  my times of standing and sitting in there always seemed to be recalled as 'Covered End' Days. That said, if the club want to call it the Wedlocks stand.. then who am I to argue, I believe it was named so after a result of a fans poll to what they wanted it called after.
Hmmm.... and that makes it Ok then?

Do you not agree that Billy Wedlock should be recognised perhaps in a way other than rename an old shed with a few new seats?

Don't get me wrong, I love the East End, great stand, great acoustics. Surely if we want to recognise legends we need to wait until we build new stands to do so, not just rename them because it suits?

Put another way... You are BCFC's most capped English player of all time, the club/fans decide that they want to rename an old stand with your name? Are you pleased or insulted? Also wasn't this renaming part of the whole davidson/stand sponsorship era? Wedlock database computers stand...god he and his family must have been so touched by it.

Archived