IGNORED

Cotterill

robins72

After the superb goal from Cotts yesterday do you think this will kick start his season? The young lad seems to get alot of stick from some fans on here. I feel this is a little unecessary as he is only young very raw and is learning in a position he isnt used to playing in (on the wing).

Yesterday he was fantastic made some great runs unselfishly gave the ball away on a few occassions when he could have easily scored and scored what surely has to be one of the goals of the season!

What are your thoughts on him? Should we keep him on the wing or push him into a striking role???

Guest Ronmeister

He must still be smiling this morning with that goal he scored yesterday!! :)

And quite possibly suffering from a major hangover aswell, not that I'm implying anything about City players :me?:

He looked quite good on the wing yesterday, in fact we actually looked like we were attacking at pace, which has been lacking in most of the games so far this season.

If he could learn when to pass the ball then with his pace and ball control could really could become a fantastic player (Hopefully with City)

Guest PapaLazarou

just because you are 18 is no reason to look like a pikey. i don't think i did when i was 18. don't 18 year olds take any pride in their appearance these days?

Believe or not I thought he was poor yesterday, as someone mentioned he dosen't release the ball early enough, or generally pass it, other players seem to get ###### off with it.

What did make me laugh was when he was on that run, everyone behind me was screaming "pass the ###### ball you greedy ######" then he bends it in the bottom corner and everyone's going mad!

Believe or not I thought he was poor yesterday, as someone mentioned he dosen't release the ball early enough, or generally pass it, other players seem to get ###### off with it.

What did make me laugh was when he was on that run, everyone behind me was screaming "pass the ###### ball you greedy ######" then he bends it in the bottom corner and everyone's going mad!

Cotterill is a bit of an enigma at the moment. You can see that when he learns when and how to play the final ball he is going to be far too good for us. He has got more skill on the ball than most third division sides players put together but rarely picks the right option or delivers with enough quality.

But he is only 18 years of age and is still learning to play the game. You don't play full international football for anyone at 17 years of age if you haven't got something about you. My Dad was exactly the same - "why didn't he ****ing pass it?" he shouted just as Cotterill jinked inside and buried it inside the far post.

Lets hope that he gets a lot of confidence from what he did yesterday and starts taking one or two defences to the cleaners over the next few weeks - he has got the ability to do it.

Archived