IGNORED

Sit Down...

Godzilla

Posted this else where, but wanted to give my feelings in a new thread.

Firstly, I was proud of the way everyone sat down at the beginning. You could see that a few people at the front might've been intent on standing, but we promptly shouted at them to sit down and they did so. I hasten to add, without the stewards' encouragement - we did it ourselves!

What was more impressive when there was action, or everyone started singing, once it finished, everyone sat back down again, and this was done consistantly through-out until the end where we were simply standing due to action on the pitch and during an exciting period of the game (Something Steve Lansdown said himself we were allowed to do).

We did pretty much all that was asked of us. We kept singing, we stayed loud, and where on another day things would've fallen flat at the end and it would've finished at 1-1, we didn't let it happen. Perhaps naive, but I'd like to believe we did actually have an influence on the result today, in the passion and encouragement everyone in the East End showed for the players vocally. The players appreciate this support, and it will fire any proffesional footballer up.

These comments are, of course, excluded from a few mindless idiots who try and spoil everything for everyone else, but the stewards need to do their job and eject those people - because it is certainly only a minority.

On the whole, the fans in the East End were a credit to the club, and while we can be proud of the team, we should be proud of ourselves.

Guest BCFC Matt

I completely agree.

The majority today were fantastic, we are not the ones who should be punished, simply take direct action against these idiots.

I could'nt agree more. Great day in the East End today. We all done our best to make sure we followed the guidlines set by the club. I'm not happy about the mindless idiots who feel that they have climb and shake the fence when we scored but there will always be a few idiots in the ground. The stewards need to do their job and eject them.

Archived