IGNORED

Dangers That Go With The Premiership

southvillekiddy

Did you hear Andy Walsh last night on Radio 4's "The Choice" last night?

Having felt that their club had been steadily taken away from them the independant fans eventually gave up their season tickets, left Man U and formed the Football club of United Manchester. They now feel that they once again have a football club that belongs to their community that they can support in their own way.

Apart from the obvious dangers when a football club becomes a big business, stock market commodity,l Andy cited the signs that preceded the fans admission they were supporting a MU that they could not recognise as their own.

These included :

Chairman and Board did not listen to them

all-seater stadium

Stewards

lack of contact with the players

comments please

Did you hear Andy Walsh last night on Radio 4's "The Choice" last night?

Having felt that their club had been steadily taken away from them the independant fans eventually gave up their season tickets, left Man U and formed the Football club of United Manchester. They now feel that they once again have a football club that belongs to their community that they can support in their own way.

Apart from the obvious dangers when a football club becomes a big business, stock market commodity,l Andy cited the signs that preceded the fans admission they were supporting a MU that they could not recognise as their own.

These included :

Chairman and Board did not listen to them

all-seater stadium

Stewards

lack of contact with the players

comments please

guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. for now I'm more concerned about our Div 2 status.

Thankyou but I expected comments of a more general nature.

Has the premiership become an entity that many diehard fans would not feel comfortable with, disregarding which club they support?

Many would argue it doesn't represent English league football anymore and eliminates important traditions of support and identification.

Guest PapaLazarou

Has the premiership become an entity that many diehard fans would not feel comfortable with, disregarding which club they support?

Many would argue it doesn't represent English league football anymore and eliminates important traditions of support and identification.

Then don't post it on the CITY forum. Post the garbage on the FOOTBALL forum.

IDIOT

Guest PapaLazarou

That's a bit strong mate

not really.

the bloke critises the response for talking about city rather than a more general football response. What did he expect.

Guest PapaLazarou

Quite right, if you want to discuss Man United going down the pan then that's for the general forum not this forum.

However, if he's comparing Man U's chairman and board not listening, all-seater stadia, and poor stewarding to the BCFC experience then it's a good post for this forum.

agree, but i don't think he was

I believe a fair few Chelsea fans go down Millwall instead due to Chelsea becoming somewhat pricey and plasticy.

I would be happiest if City were in second tier football with terracing and a board who did things which took the fans thought and feelings into concideration a bit more, rather than just thinking about the quick buck.

The things that you highlighted in your origional post are very simillar to our situation, which is quite alarming really.

How are the Football Club of United Manchester getting on?

Surely just stating dissilusionment for a reason to form a breakaway club gives license to loads of fans to do the same. Wimbledon RIP were the only club with a really legitamate reason.

My thoughts exactly, AFC Wimbledon are going from strength to strength and will hopefully overtake MK Dons in the league structure in a few years time. FC United on the other hand I couldn't give two hoots about, the club having been formed on the basis of fans throwing their toys out of the pram rather than having their entire club ripped from beneath them. Sure, if you're disillusioned with Premier League football then go and form your own club, but why do it all in the name of Manchester United?

Surely just stating dissilusionment for a reason to form a breakaway club gives license to loads of fans to do the same. Wimbledon RIP were the only club with a really legitamate reason.

Agree, but it shows the Chairmen of football clubs that they can't take the p155 and that they need to take the supporters into consideration as well as, if not more, than money.

One of the Blackpool based sides (it was either Squires Gate or Blackpool Wren Rovers) played FC United recently. FC United estimated that there would be a minimum travelling support of 2,000! Therefore the home side attempted to hire Bloomfield Road for the game. The idea was to put the away support in the main stand and the home support (average well under 100) in the temporary stand in which we have been housed for the past couple of seasons. Blackpool FC would not agree and so I believe it was played at Morecambe's ground and the gate receipt was higher than their usual gate receipts for a season!

not really.

the bloke critises the response for talking about city rather than a more general football response. What did he expect.

I don't suppose he expected the insult, but it's not my place to police stuff.

Archived