IGNORED

Aaron Brown

Guest g_funk

how on earth did aaron brown get man of the match,

i dont really rate him at all, today all he did was set up millers goal, that and the few goals he scored this season is about all he has contributed to the side,

he loses the ball to often he doesn't track back when he loses the ball or opponents push forward, and for god sake why does he take the corners?! ;)

what do you lot think? :( or :D

Brown was above average for Brown - which indicates what we all know - that he's inconsistant.Yesterday was his "one game in four" and he'll probably be back to normal next week.

As for MoM - I thought Peacock was excellant and probably deserved the award even though he didn't score.

Brown was above average for Brown - which indicates what we all know - that he's inconsistant.Yesterday was his "one game in four" and he'll probably be back to normal next week.

As for MoM - I thought Peacock was excellant and probably deserved the award even though he didn't score.

Can i shock every one? I Thought Peacock wasnt up to much to be fair. He looks tired i feel but once again he was back defending corners and chipping in with winning the ball back for the team, but he didnt look very good up front today, Matt Hill was my MOTM, did very well at the back and scored.

I was shocked when A.Brown got MOTM, as i thought he was a little better than usual but why does that deserve MOTM? I Dont rate Brown at all and still to this very day, why we didnt accept that 600k for him i dont know. I Had seen Brown yesterday give the ball away on a few occasions and if it wasnt for his cross for Miller, he wouldnt of been in the running for it.

Anybody who doesn't think Brown had a good game yesterday is allowing Aaron's current status as forum whiping boy to get in the way of an objective assessment of his performance in yesterday's match.

He was excellent. Strong direct running, taking people on both down the by-line and through the centre. Fierce tackling back, making himself a nuisance in midfield, delivering some killer dead balls. The sort of performance he can turn in from time to time, and which makes him such an enigma.

As Robbored says, that'll probably be it for the next four games, but to deny him his Man of the Match yesterday is harsh indeed.

• Admin

Brown had an excellent game, putting in one the performances that brought a lot of scouts to AG two seasons ago to watch him.

I was sat by West Brom's chief scout one game and he claimed that Aaron "is one of the players that his fellow professionals dislike playing against, a really awkward and unpredictable opponent".

If he could add consistency to his game, he'd soon be off to play at a higher level.

Can i shock every one? I Thought Peacock wasnt up to much to be fair. He looks tired i feel but once again he was back defending corners and chipping in with winning the ball back for the team, but he didnt look very good up front today

I agree about peacock , miller was far better today he held up the play well and linked with other players , peacock didnt do much although he did send brown through for millers goal , but appart from that he was pretty anonymous. I dont know why everyone has a go at aaron brown , he was quality today , he showed his pace and strength and if he did that every game i'm sure he would be wanted by a div 1 team. Another thing that gets on my nerves is the crowd getting on christian roberts back , he makes one mistake and gets a load of stick , its not fair because when he came on he played well , maybe its because he's welsh? :D

Purely from a completely un-biased view here.

Comparing Aaron Brown and Tony Rogiet (sp) yesterday, TR was a real handful for both Matt Hill and Craig Woodman and if there wasn't a bias for a home teams MOTM then TR would have walked it.

Just an observation. :D

funny thing football supporters ----especially ones of the City variety..... regardless of any inconsistencies that we may be aware of in Aaron Brown he -in my oppinion- shaded MOTM specifically for the first half hour and causing problems throughout the second half without ever really threatening anything to astonishing...but the award in my view was shaded from (dare I say it) Lee Peacock...Now, I have been a little bit outspoken on this forum about the said Leapy (rarely favourably) but today his touch was great, chest control good, mobility excellent (in conjunction with Miller) and distribution first class....now I watch from the back of the Williams and unless people see different things to me sitting in other areas(???) I cant understand anybody who says he had a poor game when he plainly didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brown had a good first 4 mins, that was about it,

peacock and matty hill not sure which one!

i still think goodfellow should be on the left, roberts on the right, brown on the bench

Guest twaters
brown had a good first 4 mins, that was about it,

peacock and matty hill not sure which one!

i still think goodfellow should be on the left, roberts on the right, brown on the bench

COME ON! Are you not watching the game, or just too stubborn to admit Brown played well, i know it is your veiwpoint and i respect that but COME ON!

COME ON! Are you not watching the game, or just too stubborn to admit Brown played well, i know it is your veiwpoint and i respect that but COME ON!
i dunno,

i think that we should have took up the offer from WBA for him.

do you agree with this:-

i still think goodfellow should be on the left, roberts on the right, brown on the bench?

Guest twaters

I would agree with that if Brown started playing badly yes, but certainly not now and hopefully not in the future. I think we should get behind the lad rather than criticise him, especially when he plays well.I am a massive Roberts fan but dont feel he deserves to dislodge Brown on Browns form in the past ten games.

People will be agruing his lack of consistancy but i dont think they are being fair. Sure he has a bad game every so often but i see that in a few players, it seems to me he is being singled out for undeserved criticism. This is the first long spell in the first team for quite some time believe it or not and i think the longer he stays in that starting 11 the better he will become.

Brown, and Peacock, it appears you loves em or ya hates em, personally cant see why Peacock is even considered, Brown fair enuff (1 in 4 as already said). Leapy appears to have a one in five brill game then like fades until a few bad posts come in and then goes up a gear to play properly. Why, aint he capable of playing well every game. Matt Hill should have got it over Broony but thats my personal view, hes got a few goals at key times, and Saturdays was no exception- Well done Matt, MOTM for me.

Guest bemmyred

What worries me is the dwindling contribution that Goodfellow is giving to the team as each match passes by.

Despite Wilsons comments he isn't comfortable on the right and it appears that his confidence is slowly draining away.

His 1 on 1 miss on Saturday was solely down to the fact that he wanted to hook the ball with his left foot instead of allowing the ball to come across him and use his right. Yes he did score with his right foot against Colchester but he was put in a position where he HAD to use it and anyone could see that it wasn't really hit with any conviction.

Wilson must make a positive decision on him soon otherwise we may have to wait a long time before we see the supposed potential of Goodfellow.

Purely from a completely un-biased view here.

Comparing Aaron Brown and Tony Rogiet (sp) yesterday, TR was a real handful for both Matt Hill and Craig Woodman and if there wasn't a bias for a home teams MOTM then TR would have walked it.

Just an observation. :unsure:

I don't agree, I think that they both were the main threats for their respective sides.

There is a quote from a Bees fan on the SL forum stating how worried they were when AB had the ball. For all his strength and pace I don't think that Rougier created as many problems to us as Aaron did to them.

Can't believe you're writing that g_funk, when Aaron Brown's been ever present in a team that's won 8 games out of 8?!!  :unsure:
do you agree with this:-

i still think goodfellow should be on the left, roberts on the right, brown on the bench?

must admit goblin i do agree with this one :D

for me aaron brown is still too inconsistant for me

and i'm counting, yep the next 2 games he will as

i predict play well the dust will settle then the next

4 games he will go missing in a game :D

it seems he is the type of player that needs a kick

up the arse now and again :P

Guest SuttonRed

I can't comment on Aaron's performance saturday as I wasn't there.

However,he has had a poor season generally and I haven't seen a lot that impresses me about the last ten games, either.

No-one wants him to be playing poorly.It's very easy to say "Get behind the lad we shouldn't criticise.But be fair,we pay his wages and have opinions that we have a right to express. People look at the general view that he isn't playing well as a bad thing, positives can result.

It sometimes does a player who isn't playing well good to be dropped! See how Clive Woodward/Alex Ferguson manage their players (ruthless approaches often give the player in question the kick up the A** required), and they come back a lot better. In this case particularly I think it may help him

We all want BCFC and the players to be at their best, and sometimes that means pointing out the bad aswell as the good!

Archived