IGNORED

Another Htv Blunder !

headhunter

New name for the station but the same old staff making the same old errors.

Just watching today's prog and saw they spelt Wycombe as Wickham when showing snippets of their game vs Brighgton.

Good action on City - pity they didn't show at least 2 of the 4 pathetic offside decisions in the second half yesterday by the linesman who looked like Paul O'Grady out of drag !!

Guest Friday The 13th

Yeah I saw that as well and came to the conclusion it must have been a cup game because I have never heard of Wickham being in div 2 before.

New name for the station but the same old staff making the same old errors.

Just watching today's prog and saw they spelt Wycombe as Wickham when showing snippets of their game vs Brighgton.

Good action on City - pity they didn't show at least 2 of the 4 pathetic offside decisions in the second half yesterday by the linesman who looked like Paul O'Grady out of drag !!

Yep I saw Wickham too, though who can say it's a surprise, they are a sloppy, unprofessional outfit! HTV Sport has been an embarrassment for as long as I can remember.

The office chimp obviously typed the results this weekend? Even so surely someone is paid to make sure such basic errors don't make it through to be broadcasted? I have no idea how they have managed to keep hold of the franchise for as long as they have.

Guest Sue Denim

If only they spent as much time checking for errors as they do for thinking up their 'hilarious' spoof end credits :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Saw the coverage today and have to say the thing that made me laugh most was the post match interview with Danny.

Did anyone else notice the comment from our manager "a kick in the families" - now I think I can work out what it means thanks, but is this a common phrase????? Never heard it before myself.

Maybe Danny is trying to rival Holloway for post match interview laughs :P

Guest swindonite
Cooter noticed that Harlech television mistake as well. Just like to add how disgraceful Harlech Television's coverage of the City and Gas games was with most of the viewing time again given to the Swine Towners who are on the extreme fringe of the HTV regional area.

Harlech Television are #### with regard to geographical knowledge as their company name suggests (Harlech was an ancient capital of Wales not Wessex) and Swine Town is not in their TV area remit - so why continually force Swine Towner football down Bristolian throats? Seems also that the HTV half-wits cannot spell place names.

I'd like nothing better than to see HTV Swine Town lose their franchise for Bristol. The actual match analysis was good but too little time was given to BCFC as usual. The Swine Towner game should not have been shown and the air time saved could have been used for BCFC supporters to discuss our 8 match winning run.

That comment is complete rubbish.

For starters Swindon (Wiltshire) is in the HTV region, obviously near the outskirts and not as central as Bristol but all the same it means they're going to cover it in their news and sports coverage. The region is much bigger than just Bristol and HTV is not just a TV station for Bristolians!

And as for the coverage of Swindon games, we rarely get extended highlights, more often than not it's just the goals (or in one case recently they showed a completely different team when it was supposed to be Swindon!). I'm amazed anyone from Bristol thinks they get a raw deal, especially City fans who nearly always get extended highlights.

We should all think ourselfs lucky that there's only a handfull of teams in the region, some other regions have many more teams to cover and they have to whizz through all the games.

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

i prefer to watch sky sports news for the goals. even though there is less than 30 seconds of caoverage, at least they get it right

Guest redrobin108
That comment is complete rubbish.

For starters Swindon (Wiltshire) is in the HTV region, obviously near the outskirts and not as central as Bristol but all the same it means they're going to cover it in their news and sports coverage. The region is much bigger than just Bristol and HTV is not just a TV station for Bristolians!

And as for the coverage of Swindon games, we rarely get extended highlights, more often than not it's just the goals (or in one case recently they showed a completely different team when it was supposed to be Swindon!). I'm amazed anyone from Bristol thinks they get a raw deal, especially City fans who nearly always get extended highlights.

We should all think ourselfs lucky that there's only a handfull of teams in the region, some other regions have many more teams to cover and they have to whizz through all the games.

What planet are you on. Swine Town are given along with Rovers, decent coverage on Swindon Town Soccer special. For a little non-league outfit you get good coverage.

Harlech Television are #### with regard to geographical knowledge as their company name suggests (Harlech was an ancient capital of Wales not Wessex) and Swine Town is not in their TV area remit - so why continually force Swine Towner football down Bristolian throats? Seems also that the HTV half-wits cannot spell place names.

In fairness to HTV, the company was named after Lord Harlech and not the town in North wales.

Lord harlech was the Chairman (or owner) of the company that won the franchise from TWW ( Television for the Wales and West).

Aye Tompo, I too remember TWW - only just - and Harlech got the nod probably due to who it was promoting it!!

HTV have long been a joke and its amazing they continue to keep the franchise.

If I remember correctly Richie b was inolved with the HTV consortium. Richard Burton that is

Guest DrFaustus

Gobbo

Those images that Cider Head produced...do you have a link to any of them? You alluded to the fact that there had been complaints about them. (Your post on Rivals). I liked them and saw the humour as just that.

Did anyone from your Thought Police Central Command ever give an explanation for the censorship?

Regards

Guest DrFaustus

Thanks mate. It appears some people have their heads firmly entrenched up their buttocks.

Ah well, freedom of speech eh?

Take it easy :Wave:

Archived