IGNORED

My Day Out In Bristol....

Guest Ibby

My day out in Bristol:

I was quite impressed by Bristol. Looked very smart, didn't get a chance to check out the shops. oh well.

I saw the famous bridge, forgotten what its called now.

Went into Curry's and PC World before the game, as soon as I heard the accent I burst out laughing, quite ashamed of myself.

The Stadium:

Your fans were amazing, the acoustics in that stand were amazing, it was so loud...that red army chant that went on for 20 minutes got well annoying after a while. Thought I was going death.

Opening that stand was a great idea and any team that visits Ashton Gate will be dreading coming up against you lot.

In the second half our fans went mental and there was great banter. Couldn't help laughing from the "Bees shaggers" chant. We replied with "your welsh and you know you are"

The stadium looks very nice, I was thinking though if you go up will you need to do any ground extensions?

The Match

As for the match, we lost, but we put in a great performance, our goal was very well worked and you know they have been practising that on the training pitch. Your defence fell asleep, and the goalie didn't attempt to make a save.

City's first goal was cr*p. Alan Julian should of caught it. That black dude for City was amazing today, probably your man of the match, didn't hear the official man of the match at the end. A bit loud. But yeah he was amazing, crossed it in and Peacock scored, or someone.

As for your second goal, omg, don't get me started, another Alan Julian mistake, catch the ******* ball. The sub you brought on caused some real problems for us in the area though, how tall was he, 9ft something?

The final City goal by 'super sub' was well worked, great pass from Roberts, Lita only had to slot it past Julian.

Review

City were a very good side today, they play great passing football and they are very powerful up front. I think their defence was a bit dodgy today. They were messing up a few times today.....we should of had a blatent penalty and a few corners we should of had went against us.

A few decisions went against you, I thought the linesman made a few mistakes.

Your best player was the black dude on the left wing, our defence couldn't defend against him.

Wilkshire played well again. Rate him highly.

With Plymouth and QPR to visit Ashton Gate still, I think City will be right up there, and I hope so to.

Regret

I didn't take a camera. Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

Next game

vs QPR at Griffin Park, our last two performances have been good, lets continue the good performances into the derby next week

COME ON YOU BEES

Well i have just learned something. Aaron Brown is a better player than a lot of us give him credit for. Myself like most people couldnt understand how he got man of the match but when you read what that Brentford fans says, it makes you think twice.

Maybe time we all gave him a second chance.

Hope everyone takes notice of your observation about how loud our fans in the East End were.

Agreed. The noise from the East End makes a real difference when you're sat in other parts of the ground, and its interesting to hear an away fan's perspective on it. Also interesting to hear his views on Aaron's performance.

The club must find a way of keeping it open, and the fans who go in there must find a way of keeping seated, which they seemed to do for most of the time yesterday. Maybe it's time for a new chant. 'Sit down, if you hate the Gas' :D

Archived