IGNORED

The Dolman B Block

Guest Rob

Is it just the people in the B block of the Dolman who think Carey and Aaron Brown are absolute cow patt or is it the general mood of the Bristol City fan.

I sit in Dolman B, and I think they're both really good players, so I don't think you can even make such a sweeping generalisation about B Block, never mind the rest of the ground.

Brown was Man of the Match by a mile yesterday, and Carey is a key member of the meanest defence in the League.

Carey does seem to get a load of stick but I can't see why most of the time - he is pretty consistent, mostly good defensively and sometimes excellent going forward. With Amankwaah out he is our best option. He is a good steady influence at the back and someone with a bit of experience in what is (without Butler) a young defence.

Brown - well the debate continues! he is good, but just not consistent. Even the manager regularly makes that comment. He has excellent games and he has really cr*p games, and sometimes when he seems to have disappeared from a game he suddenly pops up and scores a goal.

Anyway with 8 wins in a row, why change a winning formula unless you have to.

I sit in the Williams stand by the way.

Carey is excellant going forward and can cause teams loads of problems with his direct running and quick feet.

Defensively,I think he's sound most of the time but he does have poor games when he seems to get caught out of position.He doesn't seem to attack high balls well either.

My main beef about Carey though, is the amount of punts up field that he plays when he has other options.No-one minds a hoofed clearance when under pressure but Carey does it even when City have won the ball and are looking to attack.He seems to lack any finnesse.

He's a keen golfer and I can imagine him whacking the ball 350yds+ off the tee - but then over hitting his chip shots followed by 3 puts...... :D

Guest WestburyRed

K Block of the Williams generally thinks Carey and Brown are fairly pants, an ironic cheer went up yesterday when Brown got MOTM. Phillips gets a fair bit of stick too, even when he does nothing wrong!

The old guy sat right behind me hates every City player (especially Carey), moans everytime the ball doesn't go directly forward and expects every shot and cross to be absolutely perfect, its quite amusing really, especially as I think he has a perspective/distance problem too, in the first half shooting towards the Wedlock he always shouts at any City player with the ball to shoot, even if they have just got out of the centre circle or happen to be 40 yards out and at an impossible angle.

And then there is the guy opposite me in Block J of the Williams, always abuses the visiting manager, players and coaching staff, amuses the hell out of me as he comes out with the wittiest comments, I love him!

Archived