IGNORED

Wilson For Forest

bobby

and 2 months ago there would have already been a petition online to sending danny to forest no questions asked....
Oh dear... Some people still fail to see the point.

Losing Wilson now, in my opinion, would only be a major setback because he's currently playing the right team and we have momentum. It doesn't make him a fantastic manager, his persistance with certain methods and refusal to try others held us back in the first place. That's why plenty of people would've been happy to see him go.

He's got it right now, so let's make the most of it and keep momentum up.

He'll never go. He's been here so long and done not very much (we're still in the same posistion as when he took us over), hopefully until now. We surely have the best chance to go up this year ever since he took control, he won't want to leave an unfinished job just as it's getting exciting.

Lot of talk on Radio 5 about the Forest job at the moment and several people have made the comment that Danny would be a good bet!

let's hope not. :dunno:

hands off our manager :unsure:  :D  :D

I heard them quote a guy from Bristol saying he was ideal for Forest and assumed it was one of those little tinkers from the Darkside trying to annoy us.

Even the most one eyed of DW haters must believe that him leaving now would be incredibly bad timing?

Guest filtonred

. He's been here so long and done not very much (we're still in the same posistion as when he took us over),

Still in the same position? When he came we had a team of Pulis and previous managers donkeys, we've now got a team of younger players who can only take us further.

. He's been here so long and done not very much (we're still in the same posistion as when he took us over),

Still in the same position? When he came we had a team of Pulis and previous managers donkeys, we've now got a team of younger players who can only take us further.

True, even if you aint a DW fan, or are undecided s true Tiny Penis was what we had before, at least we are going in the right direction up, just look at the inveders on the forum lately!!

Guest redrobin108

Was up in Nottingham on Sunday, working with a bunch of forest fans.

The rumour in Nottingham is that Nigel Clough will be appointed forest Manager.

Most of them do not want Wilson, as they see him as a failure at Sheff Weds.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

A club with no money and struggling - They need to call Holloway. Ok he's not the greatest for winning anything but for getting results with no money he's in a league of his own

Have to say I feel sorry for Paul Hart. It was not so long a go he was touted as the next Leeds manager.

It was also only last season that Forest were being looked on as the model for clubs looking to succeed through use of young players brought through their Academy. This strategy was forced on them due to their debts but if memory serves me correctly, they reached the play offs last season.

I know Forest have had a bad run but does the fault lie with the manager or his board who forced him to sell his best players?

Hardly an attractive proposition for anyone contemplating applying for the job.

Guest Hodges17

Forest are a big club in temporary trouble, while BCFC are a small club in comparison with the possibility of a temporary stay in div.1 eg 1 season or 2 IMO.

Forest don't want wilson.

Forest are a big club in temporary trouble, while BCFC are a small club in comparison with the possibility of a temporary stay in div.1 eg 1 season or 2 IMO.

Forest don't want wilson.

Rubbish, We have a good set up and could quite possibly hold our own in the first divison. We have young players like Lita, Goodfellow, Hill, Coles, Woodman, Miller and Wilkshire who are all getting better game by game. How you a gas head who I assume hasnt seen us play once this season can possibly comment on how we would fare in the first divison is daft.

We know full well that we are not going to be pushing for the prem should we go up but we have the structure in place to make sure we dont make the mistakes of the last first divison campaign we tasted.

I suggest a its more a case of you wanting us to fail than us looking like we would fail.

Forest are in a tad more trouble than tempory trouble, They are very much like Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield financially and if they went down would struggle just like both of these clubs have.

We may not be as big as them but we are certainly a better prospect for good things over the next 5 years.

Guest Hodges17
How you a gas head who I assume hasnt seen us play once this season can possibly comment on how we would fare in the first divison is daft

That's a bit of an assumption, isn't it? I've seen a few city games and also get the highlights every week.

Rubbish, We have a good set up and could quite possibly hold our own in the first divison. We have young players like Lita, Goodfellow, Hill, Coles, Woodman, Miller and Wilkshire who are all getting better game by game.

Those players won't keep you in div.1 on their own, will they? You havent got the strength in depth.

I suggest a its more a case of you wanting us to fail than us looking like we would fail.

You're half right here, i'd love you to fail, bacause if (BIG if) you went up, we'd be back in Div.2 in time for our paths to cross once more.

I think you would not last long in Div.1 IMO - just an opinion.

Forest are in a tad more trouble than tempory trouble, They are very much like Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield financially and if they went down would struggle just like both of these clubs have.

We may not be as big as them but we are certainly a better prospect for good things over the next 5 years.

Forset have sorted out the financial side of things, get 30000 a game and have players like Reid, Thompson, Morgan, Johnson etc etc who may be sold, but that would give them cash to buy new ones.

Also i don't think Forest are looking for a manager who takes 5 years to do anything apart from win a mickey-mouse cup.

Not if he's in his right mind or he wants to stay in Div 2!!

The east midlands is falling apart with Derby £36m in debt and Derby & Forest on the verge of relegation!!

it makes it even more the case that we really need to go up this year

a lot of big names could be in the 2nd div hat next term and thus

making it even harder to get promoted

That's a bit of an assumption, isn't it? I've seen a few city games and also get the highlights every week.

Those players won't keep you in div.1 on their own, will they? You havent got the strength in depth.

You're half right here, i'd love you to fail, bacause if (BIG if) you went up, we'd be back in Div.2 in time for our paths to cross once more.

I think you would not last long in Div.1 IMO - just an opinion.

Forset have sorted out the financial side of things, get 30000 a game and have players like Reid, Thompson, Morgan, Johnson etc etc who may be sold, but that would give them cash to buy new ones.

Also i don't think Forest are looking for a manager who takes 5 years to do anything apart from win a mickey-mouse cup.

Well lets assume that you have seen enough City games this season to be able to make an assumption on how well we would do. Fair enough its your opinion but I'm going to try and prove you wrong anyway..... :unsure: I think we have enough strength in the squad to compete in the first division, I don’t say that the fringe players like Bell and Roberts (on the right) would set the world alight but I think we have enough back up players that can do a job.

Our first 11 eleven is as good as any bottom of half first division side although we are weak at certain things collectively. Ie set pieces!

I would like to see us bring in a commanding centre back, But in saying that Clayton Fortune will be older and wiser again and from what I have seen of him he is a star in the making, I'm sure plenty on your forum who witnessed him in the recent City, Rovers reserve game would admit to that.

I would also like to see a nippy striker who scores goals around the box come into the side, Again we seem to have one in Lita who may be the missing piece.

The future is good because of the academy, which by the way is going from strength to strength thanks to the joint partnership with St George school and the wonderful facilities being built there.

This allows us to attract the cream of the local players and where as in the past the Rovers got them thanks to a great scouting network and excellent development programme we now seem to get first choice of who we want, If you need any proof of that look at your youth set up at the moment. Never before have a seen a weaker set of youth players in the rovers ranks. That’s a key issue Mr Dunford should be looking at IMO

I think as you can see we have the set up to help us make an impact, No body here would be stupid enough to expect it to be easy, We saw last time we went up that by throwing Millions at it wont make an ounce of difference without the correct plan in place. I think we are much better equipped now and as Steve L has stated many times before we are a club geared up for first division football. All we have to do now is get out of this poxy division!

I can assure you that forest financial problems are not behind them; I think there something like £26 million in debt, which is a massive amount! The 30,000 gates will sustain the banks for a certain amount of time but how long will they continue to get 30,000? If they do survive this year and start badly next then you can guarantee that they will not be getting gates like that!

If they go down then the squad will be ripped apart and the good players sold off (like Wednesday and Huddersfield before them) and they will struggle.

As for winning Mickey Mouse cups. Well all I can say about that is I'm sure your board would have liked the prize money and gate receipts from that particular day out!

Guest Hodges17

You have some good points there, but i guess we will just have to agree to disagree, as Gasheads and sh- sorry, City fans often do.

PS - I don't think we would have minded a cup final, but if City win it, it's mickey-mouse to us.

i would imagine that clough, pearce and even maybe trevor francis would be above danny on the forest want list
Why do these clubs always believe that someone with past connections to the club, will do a good job as manager? With the number of good, experienced managers currently out of work, why on earth go for Clough or Pearce? Forest are a fantastic club with a superb stadium, and huge following, and they deserve better than this.

I'm probably or definitly in the minority but I'd be happy to let DW go to Forest.  I also feel everyone that thought he should go serveral months ago either needs to feel he should still go or just keep their mouths shut.
shhh I hinted at that before and got slammed at so watch yourself :unsure:

Lets put Forest into perspective here

Before Brian Clough entered the City ground nottingham Forest were nowhere near a big club.Quite easily described as a club on par with us.

When Clough reigned supreme it was done during the days when money didnt rule football.When many clubs were on par with each other..Forest,Southampton and Ipswich regularly held their own against the likes of Liverpool and Man U.

Now its a different "kettle of fish".

Nottingham Forest are from a small city with a good catchment area

Bristol City are from a bigger City with a very good catchment area

With improvements to the stadium and a good stability in Division One,Bristol City can easily become bigger than Forest.

Hey I'm not saying we'll win the League and the European cup.After all the business of football is far different.But with good business,patience and luck good things can happen to this club with huge potential............Unlike that "rag-bag" bunch of gypsies that we unfortunately partly share a name with !!

Archived