IGNORED

Glyn Hurst

Bristol Boy

If Matthews leaves and, as looks likely, Marvin Brown, I wouldn't mind looking at this bloke.

Unless the Chesterfield signing curse strikes, he always looks pacey and a good finisher to me.

If we go up,Gerry Taggert or Matt Elliot (Leicester) or Darren Purse (Birmingham)are the type of centre back we'll need to sign to establish ourselves in Div One.

I would go along with that, but i would definately pay a visit to nottingham first though, if forest do go down and we go up, then we should be looking at having a try to get damien Johnson from them as he is a proven Div 1 striker.

The only problem i see with Hurst, is that he is not a proven first div goalscorer, and i think that there is only room for one more striker, so it has to be a proven one.

Mabye someone like Horsfield would be worth a look, if West Brom go up then they may not want him for the Prem, and he has scored goals wherever he has been.

There ain't many first division strikers around that we could look at really, so mabye a litttle risk on someone like hurst could be worth it.

• Admin
This will get you guessing - who was a City scout watching at Bradford yesterday?

My guess would be Robbie Blake, who was recommended on the SteveL forum a few weeks ago, in case Bradford get relegated. Well, the club have acted upon a supporter's suggestion before so why not again eh? :unsure:

Guest Friday The 13th

Hmm Andy Gray? Nicky Summerbee - experienced midfielder? Otherwise I haven't got a clue.

I take it you do know and are just teasing us?

I would go along with that, but i would definately pay a visit to nottingham first though, if forest do go down and we go up, then we should be looking at having a try to get damien Johnson from them as he is a proven Div 1 striker.

Mabye someone like Horsfield would be worth a look, if West Brom go up then they may not want him for the Prem, and he has scored goals wherever he has been.

I think you'll find it's David Johnson at Nott'm Forest and he's out injured for the rest of the season with a serious injury. (so would probably fit right in :unsure: ).

Damien Johnson is the midfielder we were rumored to be after from Blackburn but he chose to go to Birmingham and is a regular in their 1st team.

As for Horsefield, he's only just joined WBA from Wigan and is doing fairly well there.

Gotta say, even if we do go up there's some very ambitious names being mentioned here. Matt Ellito - might be old but still on £20,000 a week (even at leicester-that's how highly they value him), Purse again, very highly valued, only a couple of years since arsenal wanted him. Taggart sounds more likely and is a damn good player at div 1 level, would be a great signing, although if/when leicester go down they may well keep him.

David Johnson, even if forest go down they'll either risk keeping him for a year to egt back up or get a couple of million for him. No chance in hell they'll sell him on the cheap, theirt chairman lives near him and i've spoke to him on several occasions and he's the third most rated player at the club (after andy reid and michael dawson), although keep an eye out for a defender of theirs, wesley someone i think.

Glyn Hurst is someone i rated when he first moved to english football but he did nothing with stockport so id hope he'd improved a lot if we were to sign him.

Archived