IGNORED

Lot Of Talk About Bas - What About Noble/russell?

Markman

Great win and much happier - I still have problems with this midfield combo though. Yes the results are good since these 2 started in midfield but there were many times last night when this pair were overrun. My view is from the half way line and maybe it is not so evident from the Ateyo - but many in my area could see Noble/Russel sinking deeper and deeper, and not really putting their foot in when they needed. A great cross from Russell in the end I agree but I can't see these two as a permanent midfield duo - one or the other - the other as sub - and a tackle cruncher ala The Doc or maybe Scott Brown (or buy someone) to start?

Great win and much happier - I still have problems with this midfield combo though. Yes the results are good since these 2 started in midfield but there were many times last night when this pair were overrun. My view is from the half way line and maybe it is not so evident from the Ateyo - but many in my area could see Noble/Russel sinking deeper and deeper, and not really putting their foot in when they needed. A great cross from Russell in the end I agree but I can't see these two as a permanent midfield duo - one or the other - the other as sub - and a tackle cruncher ala The Doc or maybe Scott Brown (or buy someone) to start?

Totally agree, and I'm glad someone else has noticed. This was one of the major reasons why I thought we actually played quite poorly last night...

End of the day, people were whinging about Skuse and Wilkshire being a transparent midfield with no bite.

Well excuse me but aren't Noble and Russell both billed as play-makers?

Still need a central midfield 'hardman' or at the very least a box-to-box player.

looks like we are on our own then!

no, i agree, but they are a marked improvement on what we have had. i f you compare them to rotherhams midfield they looked significantly better. they might get found out against better sides but then again, they might raise themselves a couple of gears, we'll see. for me it was their fitness which made a big impact. they didn't look tired, even late on. this contributes much to our play, as rotherham had nothing left in the tank at the death, and we looked comfortable in the middle of the park.

i kinda half agree

russell and noble are better than wilkshire and skuse but it still isnt exactly what we need

russell showed he can be a boz to box player with his little run for our 3rd goal while nobles got a bit of skill and chucks himself about a bit.

I don't agree! (there's a suprise) :laugh:

In my view its no co-incidence that City's upturn in form and better performances co-incide with the emergence of Russell and especially Noble.They have brought much more solidity to the center midfield and teams aren't walking through as they did when Skuse and Wilkshire were regularly playing there.Heywood has said that with those two in front of the back four the team has a better shape.

The other benefit is the two wingers are getting a better supply because they don't have to defend so much and last they both caused problems.That not necessarily so away from home but at AG the extra freedom really pays off.

I don't agree! (there's a suprise) :laugh:

In my view its no co-incidence that City's upturn in form and better performances co-incide with the emergence of Russell and especially Noble.They have brought much more solidity to the center midfield and teams aren't walking through as they did when Skuse and Wilkshire were regularly playing there.Heywood has said that with those two in front of the back four the team has a better shape.

The other benefit is the two wingers are getting a better supply because they don't have to defend so much and last they both caused problems.That not necessarily so away from home but at AG the extra freedom really pays off.

I'm with you Robbored, I think that Noble and Russell have played a big part in us tightening up defensely, and this is giving the wingers and full backs more time and space. We should stick with this winning formula

Archived