IGNORED

Does The Fence In The East End Cause More Trouble?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Especialy when we play teams with a small away following.

I don't know about you lot but to me there's nothing worse than little kids or young lads who seem intent on the consant open arm gesture toward the small amount of away fans we have. It REALLY aggravates me be cause a) If it did kick of they'd be the first on their toes B) Some away fans may seek revenge outside the ground, and it's always the innocent that suffer.

The fence seems to provide them the security they need to act the tough guy, while safe in the knowledge there's a only a very small risk of getting a slap.

Also without the fence I doubt we'd have that pathetic rush of spooty teens banging on the fence - Can anyone explain why they do that?

Why cause aggro in a stadium covered in CCTV? Silly really.

As much as I hate to say it, time to start banning people, slinging them out, final warnings ect - Although the above actions would probably be too much for these hardcore core away fan baiters and may result in tears.

Guest redrobin108

I agree with Willsbrige Red, the fence is doing more harm than good.

People feel safe behind that fence, and will make gestures to away fans.

But when there are more than 3 or 4 our stewards will not do anything, but if one fan by himself makes a gesture than around 6 stewards attack him.

Makes them feel big and important.

I agree to an extent to what you are saying. Mindless middle fingers and hand gestures are what the kids think is 'hard'. How big of them.

However, at places like Cardiff and Milwall i think you have to give and good as you get. No matter what you do at those places, if your in the wrong place at the wrong time your going to get a good slap. So, i'm not going to stand about and have no good inbreds saying things about my county or country. Plus, it makes it even better when you see a fellow Welshman stick it up 'em!

But to start swearing and all that stuff against Brentford, Colchester and the like its just a bit pointless. I'd rather do it in vocal form, best one this season to Bournemouth, 3 stand no fans, 3 stands no fans!!! Classic.

I think they should make a small no mans land in the east end like they used to have on the open end. That way the stewards or police (depending on the game) stand in there and deal with any problems as they arise. It would end the complaints about shaking of the fence.

To be honest though I think the incidents that happened on Saturday have ruined it for all, I really can’t see the east end being opened up for us again.

If the stewards have that much trouble against Brentford I can’t see them being able to deal with a full east end ie our part full and away following full.

I agree that stupid gestures towards away fans are pointless. We don't need that. Ashton Gate will be intimidating if we support our team. Not by hand gestures.

But I don't believe the fence causes more harm than good. I think it's a good idea as it could help if, at any game, there was unexpected trouble. It's only an insurance measure and I think it should stay in place.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Well from a personal view point I don't like the idea of a huge metal fence in a football ground, even if it's not infront of the pitch.

There should be enough of a deterent with netting, CCTV, Police and stewards.

A members policy for the east end would make it much easier for the club to identify the muppets spoiling it for everyone else.

Especialy when we play teams with a small away following.

I don't know about you lot but to me there's nothing worse than little kids or young lads who seem intent on the consant open arm gesture toward the small amount of away fans we have.  It REALLY aggravates me be cause a) If it did kick of they'd be the first on their toes B) Some away fans may seek revenge outside the ground, and it's always the innocent that suffer.

The fence seems to provide them the security they need to act the tough guy, while safe in the knowledge there's a only a very small risk of getting a slap.

Also without the fence I doubt we'd have that pathetic rush of spooty teens banging on the fence - Can anyone explain why they do that?

Why cause aggro in a stadium covered in CCTV?  Silly really.

As much as I hate to say it, time to start banning people, slinging them out, final warnings ect - Although the above actions would probably be too much for these hardcore core away fan baiters and may result in tears.

to be honest those lads in the east end were giving banter

and brentford gave it back to us :unsure:

now they never touched brentford outside of the ground

but for bigger risk games like q.p.r, plymouth, sheffield wednesday

then i'd say no we should not be in the east end, and i'm sure if

we go up this season then next term you can bet we won't be allowed

in there with the likes of cardiff, millwall, west ham, sheffield united

of which city have had a history of trouble with...

Archived