IGNORED

Transport To Sheffield?

Guest Red_Atyeo

Guest Red_Atyeo

I have already bought the match ticket and the ticket to sheffield on the way there but on the way back the trains seem to be really expensive. why is this? what alternative transport are you taking?

Consider yourself lucky. I really want to go to Wednesday, but am stuck here in Pompey, so:

Leave Fratton at 8am for London then get direct train to Sheffield for 1pm.

Get back to Pompey at around midnight!

£40 return, could be worse I spose, at money on for tube as well.

10 hour round trip won't half be boring though!

National Express are running "Go Anywhere" tickets for £9 throughout the month of February.

They take ages but if it's cheapness you're after then it's the way to go!

Example: I am going from Bournemouth to Sheffield on the Friday, leaving at 1.45pm and getting in at 8.50pm. That includes a 40 minute wait at London though so it may be direct from Bristol. £9 is good value though.............

National Express are running "Go Anywhere" tickets for £9 throughout the month of February.

They take ages but if it's cheapness you're after then it's the way to go!

Example: I am going from Bournemouth to Sheffield on the Friday, leaving at 1.45pm and getting in at 8.50pm. That includes a 40 minute wait at London though so it may be direct from Bristol. £9 is good value though.............

What about coming back? And where are you going to stay? Surely the cost of accomadation will cost more than the money you saved by going by coach.

What about coming back?  And where are you going to stay?  Surely the cost of accomadation will cost more than the money you saved by going by coach.
That's where having relatives in Sheffield and a mate in Manchester comes in handy! :D

I'm back on the Monday on a Virgin Train direct to Bournemouth for the princely sum of £14. Ah, being a "Young Person" and booking in advance has its benefits.... :unsure:

The £9 coach deal is still a good offer though.

From what I've discovered you can get two single tickets (TM to Sheff, Sheff to TM) FOR £11 each way, if booked 14 days in advance, £18 each way 7 days in advance.
I'd be interested to know where you found that info from, southside?

Already got my tickets off the trainline a while ago and they cost 20 odd quid return.

BS4

Saw it on thetrainline.com on saturday,was looking for the cheapest fares, didn't fancy the 60 or 90 odd quid quotes so clinked on 'single fares' and saw the £11 & £18 each way advance tickets, saw a mate of mine on Sunday and him and his friends had done the same.

Archived