IGNORED

Livingston Players

bcfc seattle

Guest twaters

Yeah absolutely, they are going to be a bargain and also are permitted to join a club NOW because of the special circumstances regarding their unemployment.

Juan Jose Camacho, Quino, Guy Ipoua, Tom English, Paul McLaughlin and Cherif Toure-Maman

Apparently Marvin Andrews is also available at the right price, This guy is a quality centre back and may be worth a look. Out of the six who have been released, Spaniard Quino might be worth a look as he has featured most in the first-team out of the six players who had their contracts terminated.

Bearing in mind though our decisions and depth in quality regarding youth players perhaps it isnt worth it and we should stick with the young uns.

I'd like to make a valid point here; those players are out of a job because their wages bankrupted the club. Can you see them accepting wages much lower than they are used ot getting? City certainly won't be stupid to pay them anywhere near what they expect, and the experience with the Leeds players suggests they will resist any attempt to pay them less.

It hurts me to talk about this because Livingston have been my "scottish team" since the first days of Meadowbank Thistle.

However, of the guys made redundant I would say that Quino is too old, English and Mclaughlin might fit in with the current board policy of buying "improvable" players and I wouldn't bother with the rest.

Another 6 players have been asked to take a 30% wage cut though including Stuart Lovell, who at 32 could fit the experienced midfielder bill that DW says he wants to fill. He has good experience at this level and Div 1 with Reading.

As for FCT's point about wages, Livi have been trying to survive on 6/7k gates, I would suggest that it doesn't take a very high wage bill to get you into trouble. If SL was to take a 30% cut on what he earns now, I would think that we put him within our wage budget, and he is out of contract in July.

PS You could add Lee Makel to the above points as well.

yes, I follow Livingston's results weekly, as I used ot follow them when they were Meadowbank.

Its sad that the club is in the state it is, but it wasn't really up to playing in the Premier Scottish Division as it couldn't afford the wage demands of players they needed to stay there.

I now see that the SFA is considering relegating teams ifthey go bust, in view of another team - Dunfirmline - going bust this week.

Guest whitey_03

hello, I'm from Scotland so I'm pretty much up-to-date with the situation involving Livingston FC.

I was wondering if " hornbeamred " has any knowledge of the young keeper at Livingston, Davie McEwan?? He is on loan to Hamilton Academicals for 6 months but his future at Livingston is very unsure in the summer!! Ive seen this guy play and he is a future Scotland goalkeeper in waiting. He has already been capped at under 21's level!

Just wondering if " hornbeamred " had any comments he'd like to share ( I'm actually impressed how many English guys have a Scottish team, I thought it was only us Scots who were into that because our league is poor )

Cheers :unsure:

Guest redrobin108

Davie McEwan is a very good keeper, who I have seen play on a few occassions, if he was available it might be worth a look, get him down in Bristol for a few days trial. :unsure:

hello, I'm from Scotland so I'm pretty much up-to-date with the situation involving Livingston FC.

I was wondering if " hornbeamred " has any knowledge of the young keeper at Livingston, Davie McEwan?? He is on loan to Hamilton Academicals for 6 months but his future at Livingston is very unsure in the summer!! Ive seen this guy play and he is a future Scotland goalkeeper in waiting. He has already been capped at under 21's level!

Just wondering if " hornbeamred " had any comments he'd like to share ( I'm actually impressed how many English guys have a Scottish team, I thought it was only us Scots who were into that because our league is poor )

Cheers  :D

As the saying goes "I am not aware of his work" especially as he has been on loan. As two of you seem keen on him I would suggest he sounds worth a look, however may I suggest you put a post on the Steve L Colin S forum as I don't have a say in our signings! :unsure:

Guest Grannyjoy

Davie McEwan is a very good keeper who has not really had the lucky breaks required to get on. Also a very good friend of Lee Miller's coming from the same area in Lanarkshire.

I'm not sure about the lottery winner. They moved from Edinburgh to Livingston approx 1/2 way between there and Glasgow, partly because the council would only sanction 1500 crowds in a 20,000 cap Meadowbank stadium when football was being played. :) and partly because Livi was the new "silicon valley". Unfortunately the latter has died a death and it looks like the "LiviLions" could go with it. :D:D

For those in the know, is it true that Livi were bought by a Lottery winner?

C'mon Sons of the Rock (Dumbarton FC)

C'mon there can only be one-skint, but hey its gotta be done the only team in Dundee, Dundee FC, accept nae dirty Arabs.. :D

Guest whitey_03

Livingston werent bought by a lottery winner although a lottery winner did invest some money but was never a major share holder as far as i know! The lottery winner was John McGuiness, who has know if I'm right invested in Celtic aswell!! The guy who was running Livingston, Dominic Keane, has now put his business into liquidation!! He runs the travel firm Doctor Holiday, which has plunged into the red!!

There are now four teams either in administration or near it in Scotland! Liningston, Dundee, Motherwell ( who look likely 2 come out of this soon with help of sealing McFadden & Pearson ) and Dunfermline!! Even my beloved Rangers are 68 million in debt!!

Scottish football is in a sad state, might not belong until Scottish Football is no longer running, and the Old Firm end up in the English 3 Division with a view to moving up the divisions ( if they could ) to the promised land of the Premiership!!

Also on Livingston, Davie McEwan would be an excellent signing if you could manage it!! It would also help Lee Miller, as they are personal friends and would help each other through the settling down stage!!

Guest Grannyjoy

More than you thought Mr Saab Driver, but relax its not a take over bid.

I do wonder though, "Did ye nae ken weve goat a new fangled thing up here noo cauld ELECTIC an we see ithers in Britain play the geme tae".

How bad was that??????????

I too have been surprised by the number of Scots who follow Bristol City. Long may it continue.

Archived