IGNORED

Clayton Fortune The New Viera!

Cider red

According to danny.Fortune the new viera!!!

Maybe he's not looking for a new midfielder because he's found one in clayton?

He played really well on saturday and didnt look out of place in midfield , he also had a stormer in the reserves last night were he played in midfield!  :unsure:

I was SO impressed with Clayton last night. He's such a good all rounder. Cant believe the pace he can pick up for someone of his height either :D

Such a shame he's picked up a injury lets hope he's not out for long :D

Well maybe not quite yet but he certainly seems to be technically gifted and a good ball player. As a good solid cover for Tommy in a defensive midfield position he looks a good prospect.

Just think Phil Neville spent years at Man Utd playing left or right back and is now keeping Nicky Butt out of the central midfield role.

Clayton will be a useful "utility" player if he really can play central defence as well as midfield, what a great option to have on the bench.

Maybe that means Joe Burnell will drop back to a defensive role where arguably he performs better?????

Please don't demand him to be picked all the time now - it's overplaying at his age that creates the injury problems.

If we have a jewel - and we are always being told this about Spencer, The Browns, Lita etc - only time will tell although over a couple of seasons Fortune looks a better prospect than any of the others.

Patrik Vieira is one of the top three midfielders in the world and the best in the Premiership by far.

Clayton Fortune can learn lots from him by watching how he goes about his job.If you want to learn then learn from the best.

If Fortune goes onto be half the player Vieira is then he'll be snapped up by some Premiership outfit before long.

I wonder if Aaron Brown watches Thierry Henry in the same way...... :D

Well at least it sounds more promising than Danny proclaiming Louis Carey the answer to our attacking midfielder shortfall last season!

Clayton Fortune seems a genuine prospect. Let's hope he gets his chance in the first team at some stage, as it would be a shame to see him go elsewhere. I'm not saying play him every week, just give him a chance to show what he can do at some stage.

Guest Friday The 13th

I really think players such as Fortune, Lita, M. Brown should be given a real chance in the first team. I believe they could make a big impact on our promotion push and get rid of our apparent need to look elsewhere for attack minded players. I just hope Wilson is smart enough to use the obvious talent in front of him, instead of just wasting it.

Guest twaters

Yeah i agree with Wilson, He is not dislike viera in many ways as i said in my match report after the reserves last night. I wonder if Danny read it!!! :D

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=43678

if you cant be bothered to read it all it is in paragraph six. Not counting the very first line. I wonder if he actually did see it or does he just think like me.

This is similar to when we signed john burns from notts forest, he was dubbed the next roy keane. And where is he now? :D

Would be great to see fortune as the next vieira or even model himself on him, but hes got alot to do, sort of midfielder that will change the game. :) Made a great impact on saturday, hope he keeps it up, after this injury.

• Admin
Well let's just hope Clayton hasn't got Viera's temperament and disciplinary record.

And as for John Burns, he was more like the next Roy Hattersley than the next Roy Keane.

Obviously I'd think different at the time, but if you said to me here and now "Clayton Forune will be as good as Vieira, the one drawback being he'll miss 3 or 4 games a season to suspension" I think I'd accept the deal :D

Well let's just hope Clayton hasn't got Viera's temperament and disciplinary record.

Most of the best midfielders have "temperament and disicplinary records".It goes with the job in some cases.That combative mean streak is an integral part of being a great midfielder.

Roy Keane,Vieira in todays game and Graeme Souness, Peter Reid in the past to name just four...

If Claytons' a "nice guy" on the pitch then he won't make it.

Guest Elye_Ball

I think you lot are missing the point... There aren't many lanky midfielders about and Danny has obviously made the comparison on that basis... combined with the fact that Clayton looks like Vieira from a distance and they both play footy. However, you always hear of players being in moulds and Clayton could well be in the mould of Vieira!

Let's hope so! :D

Archived