IGNORED

Stewart And Johnson

KnowleUtd City

I just think it's absolutely stupid that people can change their minds so quick,most people on here (and i mean MOST) have said bas deserves to play ahead off marcus.But imo marcus is a proven goal scorer and deserves a chance to justify why we are paying him such a great wage, i know so far he hasn't done much but the service is there now and i think he will bang them in given the chance.

I think Bas tries really hard and sometimes looks like he has promise (I don't slag him off when he plays but he does make me laugh at times) Stewart can frustrate but I think he (and we) will score more goals if he plays than if Bas plays and in our position the manager should pick the best player and not the one he hasn't argued with -

whatever 3pts on Saturday will be great

I agree,we desperatly need 3 points sat,so in my eyes stewart needs to play.I am confident that stewart bwill score now that we have the service.

Come on gary do whats right and play marcus before we r in a relegation dogfight.

I agree,we desperatly need 3 points sat,so in my eyes stewart needs to play.I am confident that stewart bwill score now that we have the service.

Come on gary do whats right and play marcus before we r in a relegation dogfight.

Heres to 3 points next week, a marcus and brooker double, and thanks for a decent discussion. At the end of the day we all want the same :city:

exactly we all want this club to be in the division above ,although that wont happen this season i think gj and sl want that as well.On another no0te i do think that the ticket prices are a tad on the dear side for this league and think we would get a better gate if they were lower,but in the long run i do think we have the right man in charge!!!!

Anyone disagree????

Ive read half way down this topic and got fed up. All i want to say is Stewart IN. Bas has done fine and i think he will be a great player coming on for the last 10 minutes when were 1-0 down. Stewart has done enough in my opinion to warrent a starting place.

His form early on wasnt great but that could be said about alot of our players. However he has actually scored a few goals for us in a campaign where goalscorers are lacking. Get him on and give him a chance Johnson. I think Johnson forms a opinion too quick on players and hasnt been fair on a few of our players, (Bridges, Madjo, Partridge, possibly Gillespie) Its time you gave some players (Stewart) a chance and let your pride take a little knock.

Maybe he, as the manager, feels he is picking what he feels is his most effective line up and is not partaking in any childish games. I fail to see why he wouldnt pick MS if he thought he would win us matches. However its difficult to see how MS would win us games on the evidence so far this season. I'm neither pro nor anti MS but I can see that Bas's hold up play and attitude are different than MS's.

The only thing Bas held up yesterday was his shorts. He was awful Stewart did more in 25 minutes to justify a recall to the starting line up next week than Savage managed for an hour.

It's not that i'm a huge Stewart fan, but he's better than savage and no one can possibly argue that. Anyone who's happy with Bas Savage playing up front for our club should go and support someone else.

Alternatively they can behave like a true supporter and support the players whoever they may be, on the basis that they're performing for BCFC.

So what is a true supporter? someone who sits there like a robot and is happy as long as it's wearing red. or someone who follows his team with a passion, and when he sees something which is not right says so. In this case Stewart will score goals, if he is given that faith to do that by the manager. At the end of the day we all want the same.

Apparently, a true supporter is somebody who goes and supports somebody else.

Baring injuries personally I don't think we'll see Marcus starting another game for City, once we sign Hayter or another target that he will be 4th choice behind big Bas as well. Marcus was worth the risk but it hasn't come off for one reason of another. Its not logical to have a man earning say 4/ 5 K sitting on the bench, he is luxury and a big luxury at 33.

Currently I'm happy to see Bas in the side, not because I think he's good player (though I think he has potential that warrants a longer look) but because Stevie Brooker the best player in the club, seems to play better in tandem with Bas, big Bas takes more of the knocks and leaves more space for our number one striker to exploit, I would love and prefer this also to be the case with Marcus but I feel it would not.

My hope is that G.J. is the manager we have craved for years.A degree of consolidation with an optimistic outlook is our goal this season.Hopefully he can overcome his thorpedian viewpoint and recognise the importance of getting the very best out of players rather than become fixated on their salaries.Reality dictates that in todays game marquis players will earn wages greater than the manager,this in no way diminishes the role of the manager and his ultimate responsible of extracting the best from the player.

Should we be as succesful as we all hope then it is essential he over-come this dimension of management for the higher we climb dictates we will see more and more similar situations.

"thorpedian" meaning, loss of true perspective by fans,actual footballing values becoming confused by too much knowledge of salary details.

But Gilly has only made the bench at Cheltenham. IMO I don't think he's coming back

Wardie is not going to have Gillespie starting every game on loan. If he scores or performs too well, it could forces Gillespie's price up, or have GJ bring him back to City. By the way Gillespie has scored 5 goals from 6 starts with Cheltenham, and 10 from 13 starts including last season.

Reason enough for Wardie to want him under wraps, until Feb 1st. We have him under contract until 2007 [ city profiles ], so he must have some value if Cheltenham want him badly enough . How much ?

I don't want to get involved in player selection politics. However, remember that Marcus Stewart always seems to find time to encourage and talk to young City supporters from the touch line before away games. Marcus Stewart had his piccie taken with quite a few young lads before the Blackpool game, here's one of those piccies as proof........

IPB Image

Wouldnt disagree with That Mr Goblin, but the fact is: What has Marcus ever done for us, other than persuade more su....sorry season ticket holders to renew their tickets.

Frankly I'd rather have Leapy, or Lee Miller than Marcus....... :pinch::blink: Beleive me to say that about Leapy............. :w00t:

Nice guys don't always win.

It's not that i'm a huge Stewart fan, but he's better than savage and no one can possibly argue that. Anyone who's happy with Bas Savage playing up front for our club should go and support someone else.

what a very stupid and juvenile comment. so every city fan who supports an individual player who you don't like should support another team. :laugh:

what a silly comment. i will still support city and cheer on bas thank you.support someone else indeed. :laugh:

Wouldnt disagree with That Mr Goblin, but the fact is: What has Marcus ever done for us, other than persuade more su....sorry season ticket holders to renew their tickets.

Frankly I'd rather have Leapy, or Lee Miller than Marcus....... :pinch::blink: Beleive me to say that about Leapy............. :w00t:

Nice guys don't always win.

I just wish things would work out better for Marcus Stewart now he's at BCFC, can't fault Mr Stewart's attitude with regard to him pleasing the young supporters with autographs and photo opportunities. He's a great ambassador for this club amongst the younger generation.

I just wish things would work out better for Marcus Stewart now he's at BCFC, can't fault Mr Stewart's attitude with regard to him pleasing the young supporters with autographs and photo opportunities. He's a great ambassador for this club amongst the younger generation.

Unfortunately Red Goblin, we all know he has to do a little bit more than be nice to the kids to justify his £5K weekly salary.

what a very stupid and juvenile comment. so every city fan who supports an individual player who you don't like should support another team. :laugh:

what a silly comment. i will still support city and cheer on bas thank you.support someone else indeed. :laugh:

i'll always support city always have always will, just not one of those blokes who will gladly accept gash players representing the club like you are.

Why not? We've been putting up with truck loads of "gash" players for the last 25 years.

I know Greebo....we've got a life sentance! still, you can't give up on em though! it just winds me up seeing clubs like Bolton, Leicester, Fulham, West Brom, Charlton etc, all clubs we've all seen us play and beat, and at some point they've all pushed on and had success of sorts. I'm gutted mate.

Archived