IGNORED

Amankwaah

England

Surprised no-one has had a go at our new sicknote - everyone has a dig at unlucky Matthews but fans seem to have sympathy with unlucky Amankwaah - why?, both want to play football for City.
Agreed, however the argument on here seems to be partly with how each of them go about their recovery.

I'm not going to get into that though just to say, I hope both guys have a change in luck and soon.

There is a difference - Mattews has had so many injuries thats its almost unbelievable and his overall dedication to his recovery has been seriously questioned on here in the past.

Amankwaah has two serious injuries and he recovered well from the first by applying himself to his rehab.He will overcome this second injury if he's patient and applies the same attitude as he did first time around.

Matthews seems to be constantly injured. A lot of the time it is recurrances of old injuries.

Amankwaah had the neck injury as a result of the car crash, came back, and has done his cruciate ligaments. Two completely seperate injuries.

Amankwaah is also not one of the highest paid at the club, so him being injured is not as much of a drain on wages compared to Lee.

Can I put my vote forward for the forums "Moaner of 2004"? All you seem to have done all week is moan at something England. :D

firstly Kev has had one football injury not 352 as has Mathews. Kev blew out his knee, happens to many people, usually not a fitness issue. Mathews on the other hand has appeared to not take training seriously been overweight, and brought many of his injuries upon himself. They is nothing the same in either case.

for Kev I have the utmost concern , while for LM I seem to just roll my eyes and sigh

Guest cidergeorge

Kevin if you read this all the best matey. I've just had the ACL reconstruction on my left knee so I appreciate how frustrating everything is. Bear with it though cos you will be back and remember that you will be playing footie again. All the best and use loads of ice, and ISS Pro evolution is a good option.

Ps don't even compare him to Anderton / Redknap, Rkev's much better!

Pps Cruciate ligaments are one of the most common occuring sporting injuries (Gascoigne, Shearer, Wes Brown, Van Nistelroy just to name a few), the problem is that in some cases they are considered more serious than fractuires because of the healing time.

firstly Kev has had one football injury not 352 as has Mathews.  Kev blew out his knee, happens to many people, usually not a fitness issue.  Mathews on the other hand has appeared to not take training seriously been overweight, and brought many of his injuries upon himself.  They is nothing the same in either case.

for Kev I have the utmost concern , while for LM I seem to just roll my eyes and sigh

Essentially, Matthews has only had one injury and that was his back which has threatened his livelyhood and stopped him training as well as playing so weight would always be a problem.

You are a prime example of my original point in that it is the individual not the injury situation you consider - both players suffered injuries that could have led to their finishing football for good - one gets abuse and one sympathy - I just don't get it.

Why would we have a go at a guy who fought back from the brink and has been so desperately unlucky. He may not have been on match-fit form from the word go after his awful car crash, but he did come back lean and fit - and as far as I'm concerned losing his talent for the run-in is a massive blow.

It will take enormous character for him to come back again, and we'll see just how steely he is. My guess is he'll do it and I wish him all the best.

I wish them both all the best - I was not/am not suggesting anyone should have a go at Amankwaah but merely requesting someone to explain why such a different attitude exists to two players who have both been, through no fault of their own, desperately unlucky with Matthews to my mind being probably the best forward we had when fit.

Let's take the Lloyd Grossman approach:

Who writes a post like this ... let's look at the evidence:

He has the user name "England".

He has a go at one of the most popular and talented young players we have.

He thinks another player is being treated unfairly (when he's never performed and has always seemed to most of us to be a waste of money)

The first player is black, the second is white.

Hmmmmmmmm

Could he be related to the fella who sits near me and always slags off Aaron and Matty, while praising every other City player?

We don't need your sort around Ashton Gate, fella - sling your hook!

Guest Topbuzz

Whilst i dont agree with alot of Englands posts i think he makes a very good point even if Matthews wouldnt have gone to the gas we still would be thinking hes work shy and lazy which isnt really fair The Lee Amigos never really worked out

Let's take the Lloyd Grossman approach:

Who writes a post like this ...  let's look at the evidence:

He has the user name "England".

He has a go at one of the most popular and talented young players we have.

He thinks another player is being treated unfairly (when he's never performed and has always seemed to most of us to be a waste of money)

The first player is black, the second is white.

Hmmmmmmmm

Could he be related to the fella who sits near me and always slags off Aaron and Matty, while praising every other City player?

We don't need your sort around Ashton Gate, fella - sling your hook!

I don't agree with a lot of the things that England posts, but that is definately not what he is getting at.

Archived