IGNORED

Standing

Guest Cider_Army

Guest Cider_Army

Did anyone watch the Manchester derby this afternoon, through all of the game the Stretford End was standing, now I know that this happens in sections of The Kop, The Hoult End etc and most big grounds. My question is this, if we are warned that the Football League my shut our stand down for this why are thees bigger clubs allowed to get away with it.

I know everyone always says that they are treated differently because they are the bigger clubs and when was the last time Man U conceded a pen at OT blah blah, but this seems totally unfair.

I am not saying that we should be allowed to stand as all seater stadiums are made for people to sit in. I am too young to remeber Heysel and Hillsborough but have heard enough about them to see why safety is now paramount for football clubs.

Stinks of double standards eh.

Yes, especially when you think that Heysel and Hillsborough happened during games between these "big clubs", and while there were huge crowds. It seems illogical that the smaller clubs with smaller crowds, should be being singled out now. God forbid there should ever be another Heysel or Hillsborough disaster, but if there were, it would happen at a huge match with a huge attendance. They should be made to comply with the laws as much, if not more than the likes of us.

Guest Cider_Army
cider army, manure were threatened with the closure of one stand on more than one occasion over the last few years
Then why do they still stand?

Threatening is one thing but actual action is different.

Guest pogue mahone

it's a legal issue. but like many legal issues in this country it is too difficult to enforce, the closure of a stand will not happen.

Archived