IGNORED

P'boro V City Ratings

Bristol Boy

Phillips 7/10 Would have been 8 but for some pretty poor kicking to the left touch line in both halves.The ball was hoofed or thrown into our box ala the Wimbledon of old and he coped pretty well.

Carey 6/10 Tried to get it down and play and defended well.

Butler 6/10 Hand a handfull with Platt and nearly scored another OG from a long throw.Distribution not great.

Coles 6/10 Distribution not great but defended well.

Hill 6/10..See Coles

Goodfellow 4/10 Poor throughout

Wilkshire 5/10 Never really got going.

Tinnion 6/10 Not his usual self

Brown 6/10 Distribution & Crossing poor, apart from the goal and the weighting of several passes was elephantine! Defended well and that brings him back from a 5.

Miller 5/10 Usual game and not much of a threat

Peacock 6/10 Lead the line and worked hard but didn't look a goal threat.

Lita 6/10 Did OK and livened things up

Doherty 7/10 Goal markes him from a 6

Brown 5/10 Didn't see much of the ball but looked composed.

All in all, an awful game that was no advert for the Downs League never mind the Nationwide.To the unbiased observer, you couldn't tell the teams apart and the passing was woeful at best and almost non existent at times.

Apart from Andy Legge hoying the ball 40/50 Yds at a time, Peterborough were devoid of threat.

We didn't even have that as we bypassed midfield and BOOTED it.We frequently gave the ball away, with our poor movement and awful distribution.

After two poor games at home, Woodman was rightfully dropped and I think DW will drop Goodfellow who has been equally anonymous for the last two games in favour of moving Wilkshire wide again (away games) or bringing in Marvin or Roberts on the right, particularly at home.

I know all about the old adage of playing badly and winning, but this was an extreme example.

I'm delighted with the result and will take another ten, scruffy 1-0's between now and May, however we are much better than that and we need to hit top form before the better teams turn up during the run in.

I know all about the old adage of playing badly and winning, but this was an extreme example.

I'm delighted with the result and will take another ten, scruffy 1-0's between now and May, however we are much better than that and we need to hit top form before the better teams turn up during the run in.

By which time we will be 8 points clear at the top.

Guest Cider_Army
moving Wilkshire wide again
Please god no. Dont you remeber the start of the season. What next Burnell and The Doc both strating again? :D

Please god no.  Dont you remeber the start of the season.  What next Burnell and The Doc both strating again?  :D
Tell DW not me!

I'd play 3-5-2, if KA was fit with Tinman, Tommy & Luke in a central three!

I'd also play Fortune in the back three or in the back four at Grimsby.

9 wins out of 9 and DW won't change from 4-4-2.

I was one of the first, if not the first to slate DW for not playing LW in the middle.

Goodfellow must go to the bench after his last 2/3 games.

I know he scored the winner against Colchester but he's been poor.

Archived