IGNORED

Team V Grimsby

Bristol Boy

4-4-2

...................................Phillips...........................................................................

Carey............................Butler......................Coles..................................Hill......

Wilkshire........................Doherty...................Tinnion...............................Brown

.....................................Miller........................Peacock.......................................

Subs

Stowell

Fortune

Lita

Goodfellow

Burnell, Bell or Roberts

Unless Grimsby have two quick forwards (Rankine played today and scored) in which case Fortune or Bell may replace Butler in the XI.

Goodfellow's been dross for the last two games and M Brown deserves his chance whilst TD stabilises the midfield.

I don't want LW wide but DW will figure that he'll make more of a contribution than Goodfellow and move him to accommodate TD, after today.

Let's see but let's win!!

Don't like the way you've got Roberts down as a 1 in 3 chance for 5th sub. He's definitely better than that.

If Goodfellow is jaded bring Roberts in instead, though personally i'd consider playing him in his best position, up front, where the present incumbents are not netting enough.

Tinman, who seemed quiet today, could be rested to the bench with Wilkshire and Doherty taking the central positions, and take your pick for right winger.

Would still like Goodfellow and Wilkshire to have the opportunity to both hit form in thee same match. If Goodfellow is a confidence player like Roberts, maybe not a good idea to rest him so soon into his City career.

One or two contradictions there but we won again today so i don't think the starting 11 will be too different on Tuesday.

I Agree With The Goodfellow Situation. Picking 4 Midfielders Is Hard But This Is My Squad For GRIMSBY TOWN

right left

...................................PHILLIPS.........................................

......CAREY.........BUTLER...............COLES...............HILL........

WILKSHIRE.....DOHERTY..........SIR BRIAN..........A BROWN.....

.........................PEACOCK................LITA............................

stowell

bell

m brown

fortune

miller

Guest Friday The 13th

Wilkshire wide right!! Some of you have got bad memories, drop Tinnion and play Wilkshire and Doherty in the middle. Marvin Brown/Roberts out on the right, Miller and Peacock up front. I really hope this is the team that DW plays because it is the team most capable of winning.

Is it me or does Tinnion always play best when he comes off the bench with 30 mins remaining? Anyway we don't want to radically change the team but Goodfellow definantly needs some form of rest.

Heres how it should be

...........................................PHILLIPS........................................

...........CAREY.............COLES..........BUTLER...............HILL..........

.....ROBERTS.....DOHERTY.......WILKSHIRE.........GOODFELLOW.....

...........................PEACOCK.............MILLER...............................

SUBS:

STOWELL

FORTUNE (if fit)

LITA

TINNION

M.BROWN

Resting Tinnion was something I was talking about on the way up yesterday, it's imperative we him for the run-in. He looks a little jaded at times, and who can be surprised, he's done fantastically well to last as he as! I would go for...

Phillips

Carey - Coles - Butler - Hill

Goodfellow - Wilkshire - Doherty - A. Brown

Peacock - Miller

Subs:

Stowell

Fortune

M. Brown

Lita

Tinnion

I'd keep it pretty much the same, but with an open mind to changing it. Aaron was poor on Saturday, yet brilliant against Brentford. Goodfellow has failed to get involved, but I'd stick with him for now, like Wilkshire and Miller I don't think he's just slotted straight in just like that, and perhaps the goals he scored in his first few games were missleading.

Peacock and Miller are performing well, but without getting the goals. Yet again, we're getting goals from elsewhere and both frontmen are contributing to this, so I wouldn't leave either out.

Marvin's done ok when he's come on, so I'd continue with him on the bench, and I feel the others are fairly self-explanatory.

• Admin
I Would Play this team....

Phillips

Carey - Coles - Fortune - Hill

Roberts - Wilkshire - Doherty - Goodfellow

Peacock - Miller

Subs:

Stowell

Butler

M. Brown

Lita

Tinnion

I would pick exactly the same side. Well actually I'd pick Ryan Harley at RB but of the people who have a first team appearance under their belt, that is the team I'd select.

Agree with above two except I'd probably start with Butler, think he had a good game yesterday and that added experience is always useful in away games.

I think Doherty Wilkshire midfield is the way forward and agree Tinnion could benefit from a rest (not sure he'd agree though!). Would love to see Goodfellow on the left and Roberts on the right - pace and crossing ability.

Then again, 9 wins in 9 and maybe you don't change much unless you have to!!! :D

AHEM ;)  :P

Not like me to boast........well, alright then.

TOLD YOU SO :D

Hardly rocket science was it? You even hedged your bets on the subs by perming any 5 from 8. I think this formation was always on the cards after Goodfellows substitution on the Saturday.

Funny you didn't mention that at the time???
Oh I'm sorry I didn't get round to answering your post!

I usually find that particularly during a good run that offering a formation on here is a waste of time, I don't really care who plays at the moment as long as we keep winning.

Archived